• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDA Score Keeper

Are you looking for something to quickly save hole scores per round as you're playing... i.e. temporary until you transfer them elsewhere (like the DGCR Scorebook)?

Or are you looking for a more full featured database type application that runs on PalmOS?

I've been using eScorecard (www.escorecard.co.uk) since I started playing. They charge about $40 or so. It is designed for white ball golf, so some of the functionality requires adjustment. All distances are in yards by default, but I just enter in feet and it is fine. Can have multiple tee placements, multiple pars, multiple holes. I haven't used the handicapping and slope at all. Use it to keep track of my personal stats. I do not use the website they offer, just the palm software. Using it on a Treo 650.

Trying to find a way to pull their data out of my PDB backups into excel or something, but haven't had the time to go at it full yet.

Something quick and easy to use while playing. I just found DiscScore at discscore.com that I will try out. Freeware and Shareware kinda narrows the features quite a bit.

Are you looking for something to quickly save hole scores per round as you're playing... i.e. temporary until you transfer them elsewhere (like the DGCR Scorebook)?

Or are you looking for a more full featured database type application that runs on PalmOS?

Delimited uploads to the DGCR scorebook would be cool.
Could be a pain to implement, but cool.

I wonder if they make one to work on the blackberry curve or other phones. That would be a nice way to save from taking another item with you.

Had a chance to record a round with GolfScorer tonight. Very nice. The use of the system keys for one handed input is very nice.

Limited to 9 or 18 holes. For our local course, I just put in two 9 hole McCurry (front and back) and an 18 hole McCurry for days I don't want to play them all.

Default values are very nice.

eScorecard, which I had been using, requires the use of the stylus and I'm sure I'd eventually have lost it on the back nine one day.

http://www.mscorecard.com/

I went ahead and tried a few different Score trackers for the Blackberry and mobile phones alike. This one above does a great job. It did cost $20, but it was worth it. It lets you track 5 players and their putts, penalties and so forth. it gave some really telling stats for all the players also. Slightly tough to get the hang of using it, but once you do, not a big deal. The layout is simple and the colors are nice. It uses fairly big numbers so it is easy to read. It was by far, much better than some of the others I tried out. Hope you guys like it. :cool:

I have gotten to play with the mscorecard a little more. This even has a GPS meter in it. The amazing thing is it works while you are still keeping score. You just start it tracking at the front of the tee. When you get to the pin you can look at it and when it settles down just multiply the number it shows by 3 (it is in yardage) and you have you footage. Not real accurate, but it gives you an idea of the distance for the courses that have no distances posted.

Check out Birdsoft's Fairway watch for anyone with a PPC or WM phone. Its for whiteball, but this is what my buddies and I use. There is another version coming out soon that you should be able to upload your scores from your phone to desktop.

try mine for free!

Hi I've been learning a little bit of web programming and here is one of the web apps I've made. It works great thru Safari on the iPhone. And it's totally free! Try it out and let me know if it can be improved!

http://dgkeeper.appspot.com/

It is designed for an 18 hole course and as many players as you'd like. DGKeeper remembers the top 5 most used players and will not lose your scores if you exit/refresh the page. You can even email your scores to track your progress.

Latest posts