• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA gripes

I renewed last year for 5 years . . . so I don't have to worry about it each year. I know I am active and I got a discount for doing so!

You can say that having to wait until Thursday is unacceptable, but the fact is, you were quite impatient about things before you found that out.

reason being there is no posting on their page about the process. It doesnt say how long it will take or the process there of. I was under the impression that when I pay, it would happen

I renewed last year for 5 years . . . so I don't have to worry about it each year. I know I am active and I got a discount for doing so!
If I had a better knowledge of what Id be doing in the next 5 years, I would have gone that route as well!

You're really reaching with this complaint. Thank goodness you never had to order your discs out of a catalog and wait weeks for them. Your head might have exploded.

Is this your first renewal with the PDGA in the 7.7 years you've been playing? Has it ever been instantaneous?

Not trying to reach with anything. Just thought for as 'organized' and short staffed as they are, they would let their consumer know the process of which things happen. If a disc retailer can say orders over X are free, I just dont see why they cant say, 'Orders will be processed every Thursday' Right above where they list their phone number and email for contact

2nd renew from originally joinging. All the others did seem to be VERY quick. Apparently based off this new knowledge, it was because of when I submitted it

If you would have renewed prior to the end of 2012, this wouldn't be an issue...

Sounds like you should be mad at yourself for waiting until last Friday to renew...

I didnt play in a single tournament at all last year due to finances and other things going on in life. I renewed Friday because Im playing in a tournament Saturday

between getting married, having a baby, and getting things in order for me to leave for the Army in 2 months, I didnt think when I renewed would have meant it would have gotten done faster.

reason being there is no posting on their page about the process. It doesnt say how long it will take or the process there of. I was under the impression that when I pay, it would happen.

I'd buy that reasoning if you were signing up for the first time. But you were renewing. It wasn't instant last year, was it?

Face it. You were impatient based on making a false assumption. While nowhere on the site does it say what the time line of their update process is, it also doesn't say anywhere that it is instantaneous either.

Sorry man, I think you are reaching way to hard on this one. So basically you're mad at the fact you were deactivated and couldn't see your stats right away. You really are screwed if you think this happens with every company where you get stuff like this right away. I would give you some advice on this thread, just don't reply again.

Sorry man, I think you are reaching way to hard on this one. So basically you're mad at the fact you were deactivated and couldn't see your stats right away. You really are screwed if you think this happens with every company where you get stuff like this right away. I would give you some advice on this thread, just don't reply again.

thanks for the advice. can you please tell me to eat my vegetables too

I just didnt see why I wouldnt be looked up by whoever was there and just clicked to be active sort of thing. Obv I dont know the process and am nieve (sp) for thinking something like this should be more simply than doing it once a week

I renewed membership Friday early afternoon. After calling and leaving a voicemail this morning and submitting an email, I just called again to find out why I cant see my stats from previous tourneys/etc

I was informed that they only update once a week and its on Thursdays. So if anyone wants to be included for the most recent update they would have to do so by Monday I believe.
/gripe

You answered your own question. Stop complaining about this like a spoiled child. If the database is updated every Thursday what makes you think your data will lbe changed. Everycompany has stuff like this. Why didn't you have your stats outside of their if it's tha important to you?

I wasnt actually mocking you or anything I just am happy to not have to remember if I renewed or anything. Thats why I did the 5 year. Now when 5 is up I might be in your same situation because I would be used to not needing to renew.

Oh well.

You answered your own question. Stop complaining about this like a spoiled child. If the database is updated every Thursday what makes you think your data will lbe changed. Everycompany has stuff like this. Why didn't you have your stats outside of their if it's tha important to you?
because Im paying for a service that is providing this to me. Thats why

I wasnt actually mocking you or anything I just am happy to not have to remember if I renewed or anything. Thats why I did the 5 year. Now when 5 is up I might be in your same situation because I would be used to not needing to renew.

Oh well.

I know you werent. it was smart to do it that way, I just cant tell where my life will be then

you could have renewed prior the end of the year and you wouldn't have missed any days of seeing your stats, that'd be the fail safe way, renew on Dec 24th of every year, guaranteeing it will be entered prior to the end of the year.

I haven't renewed yet this year and up until recently my stats were still displayed. How dare the PDGA keep my stats active for WEEKS after my membership expired! :mad:

Latest posts