• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

+3 to 946, 5th straight update without a loss.

I'm a little disappointed my rounds from the singles league didn't make it in this rating update.

No change.

Its really awesome that the rounds I played in a tournament back in January still aren't included. One of those rounds was my personal highest rated round. I would be pissed at the TD, but the TD report was submitted multiple times. Thanks PDGA.

Every event properly reported and submitted by each deadline has been processed for ratings in each of the three ratings updates in 2012 so apparently there must be an issue between the TD and the PDGA.

Every event properly reported and submitted by each deadline has been processed for ratings in each of the three ratings updates in 2012 so apparently there must be an issue between the TD and the PDGA.

So, all the participants that are paying members of the PDGA and paid for the tournament in full, are the ones that are punished. Seems reasonable.

dstearns - So, all the participants that are paying members of the PDGA and paid for the tournament in full, are the ones that are punished. Seems reasonable.
So how would you solve the problem? We can't do the ratings without the proper information.

So how would you solve the problem? We can't do the ratings without the proper information.

Does the PDGA make an effort to contact the offending TD, or is it the TD's responsibility to recognize and resolve the issues?

The PDGA has a steady stream of email reminders to tardy TDs after 30 days late. Then, phone calls usually get included. I know Andrew gets on top of specific issues on TD reports that need correction if found before the report goes for ratings processing. Roger and I who do the ratings are out of that loop and simply process the reports we get from Andrew/PDGA HQ and all have been processed that we've received this year.

Up to 970. High water mark so far. Should have been higher. A tournament I played in early June where I averaged 996 over 3 rounds wasn't submitted in time.

The PDGA has a steady stream of email reminders to tardy TDs after 30 days late. Then, phone calls usually get included. I know Andrew gets on top of specific issues on TD reports that need correction if found before the report goes for ratings processing. Roger and I who do the ratings are out of that loop and simply process the reports we get from Andrew/PDGA HQ and all have been processed that we've received this year.

Interesting. So, do I need to raise hell with the TD?

Can I find a Novice division offered?

As expected, I dropped 15 to 839. :doh: I'll still be a rookie til September. Think I can find a chance to bag somewhere as an MA4? ;)

Question, how is Doss #1 still? If you look at his previous rounds and placing he's done nothing compared to what Will has done and Will is 2nd to him? I'm not a huge buff on how ratings are calculated and work. I'm just curious.

You can look at each player's rating detail on the PDGA site and compare. Doss must have done a little better than Will in the lower tier events.

Interesting. So, do I need to raise hell with the TD?

It wouldn't hurt but you can expect sob stories and an angry td who claims they will never run a tournament again. Or else they claim that next year their event won't be sanctioned. I hear it 4 or 5 times a year. I currently have two or three tournaments that haven't been reported.

It wouldn't hurt but you can expect sob stories and an angry td who claims they will never run a tournament again. Or else they claim that next year their event won't be sanctioned. I hear it 4 or 5 times a year. I currently have two or three tournaments that haven't been reported.

I do really well with sob stories. I usually just go with "if you want to half-ass a tournament, then no one will miss it. Now, get your **** in order, and cry to someone that gives a ****."

Latest posts