• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA WORLD'S in Charlotte 2012

1978, thanks for the history and explanation behind the theory of the hole design on Nevin #14. My drive flew basically straight and was stopped by the fence, and I was just picturing some stronger players continuing out into the street and yards and I'm enthused to hear that doesn't happen often. :thmbup:

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen it, here's a picture of the teepad of hole#12 at R.L. Smith. Seriously, this is WAY nicer than the deck I had at my last house I owned during the early 2000s.

474b4ca7.jpg

Also, the oversized "air freshener" hanging from the sewer pipe around hole#7 or 8 was just about the funniest thing I've seen at a disc golf course EVER. I can't remember what was printed on it, but many guffaws were shared when we saw it. I really, really, wish I had taken a picture of it. :\

Thanks for the review. Matt and I are going to beg Stan to let us do some things. I think all the course directors are addicted to work now and DG in Charlotte will evolve now that our efforts and energy is not totally tapped from Worlds prep.

The benches are made from REALLY cheap $ wise cedar scraps that are teh waste from creating cedar planks. Really cool stuff. That deck, is not finished! It will have, I believe, a walkway 3' to each side of the pad. You can see that the closest ends on each side are not finished. Im going to find a mud remover thingy like at golf courses and get that bolted down too.

I guess they normally throw away those cedar scraps when making cedar planks? So awesome that you guys were able to procure them for use out at R.L. Smith. :thmbup:

Same people made all the cedar benches (smith/bradford) and the deck at 12 Smith.

Also, the oversized "air freshener" hanging from the sewer pipe around hole#7 or 8 was just about the funniest thing I've seen at a disc golf course EVER. I can't remember what was printed on it, but many guffaws were shared when we saw it. I really, really, wish I had taken a picture of it. :\

sN5AU.jpg

Matt and I are going to beg Stan to let us do some things.

What kind of things? Your kind of things or my kind of things? How about we play some disc golf at Nevin, you me and Keatts, and whoever wins gets to do things their way?:clap: I am all for some things, as long as you guys are the ones doing them. I don't like doing things anymore.:thmbup:

You just sign on the dotted lines. And also my things aren't matt's things. The person that will wins will be the person that doesnt want to do things; the one that spends all their time fishing or shopping at Linens'n Things.

And yes lets play and discuss. We have to play long 17 though, I know you will 10 that.

After the thousands of hours of laboring with you guys and many other friends, a casual round of golf without feeling that I am squandering time better spent working on courses is a sweet deal. The pressure valve was released a couple of weeks ago and it feels great. Gimme a call.

Stan, it was good to see you, my friend. I was afraid you were going to be gone all week, and it was my pleasure to see you at Idlewild. Keep on keepin' on!

Stan, it was good to see you, my friend. I was afraid you were going to be gone all week, and it was my pleasure to see you at Idlewild. Keep on keepin' on!

When you get our age that is the best we can hope to do, just keep on keepin on. Yippe kie yay !!!

I affectionately call it RL Stink! We got lucky during worlds week. Apparently no one flushed in the surrounding neighborhoods.