• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Personal top 100

Good to see Bailey so high up there... Must have been the great company!!

Did I miss Phantom Falls???

Surprised to see Patterson Lake rated so highly. I was considering a road trip there from Gillette, WY this summer, but figured a five hour drive for one good course wasn't worth it.
I'll be driving home (northeastern WI) for Thanksgiving. I might do it in two days and hit some courses along the way (if baskets are still in). Would you recommend Patterson and Hidden Lake plus two to three extra hours on the road over Tuthill, Big Sioux, and maybe an I-90 course in MN?

It is amazing that you've played so many courses. I bet 95% of disc golfers have not played 100 courses, much less 1000. Congrats.

Wow, now I really cant wait to play Birds of Paradise. 250 courses in Cali (included practice courses) and Birds of Paradise is one of the last 16 I have yet to play. I will be there November 10th.

I've put together a list of my personal favorite courses, 106 courses (so far) have made the list. I'm using this list to help me write reviews of my favorite courses, this list will be some combination of my 4-5 disc rated courses. I gave up taking notes long ago, so my reviews are going to be less detailed than previously, but I still want to share my knowledge and experience with the public.

My list is up for discussion, both the courses that made the list and the order - if you can spark my memory, I've probably forgotten some that belong on the list, or forgotten why once course is better than another.

I'd like to see other's lists as well, if you're so inclined to make a top 100 list, show it off here.

Top 106 list

Next time you come back to Humboldt, I'll have to take you out to some other courses that will top your unlisted list. But for now I'll just have to keep being proud that your #1 course is in my backyard.:hfive:

B-O-P! B-O-P!! B-O-P!!!

I was also happy to see the Redwood Cutain, my home course, above Flip City. I know the thing said that after 40 they wern't in any real order, but it still made me happy.

Surprised to see Patterson Lake rated so highly. I was considering a road trip there from Gillette, WY this summer, but figured a five hour drive for one good course wasn't worth it.
I'll be driving home (northeastern WI) for Thanksgiving. I might do it in two days and hit some courses along the way (if baskets are still in). Would you recommend Patterson and Hidden Lake plus two to three extra hours on the road over Tuthill, Big Sioux, and maybe an I-90 course in MN?

Patterson is a trip. It doesn't appear to be maintained most of the year, I played it when it was a bit rough around the edges, but I hear it is in great condition for the tournament at the end of summer, I'd guess it plays quite well into the winter months. I'd love to see it in prime condition.

Hidden Lake is playing well now, a lot of leaves to hide discs. So yeah, those two courses stand out more than the I90 courses. But if you're looking for a suggestion along that route, Oak Island is just finished and in prime playing condition, worth the play if you choose this route. Cedar Creek or Todd park being a fairly distant second.

Awesome to see that someone that has played 1000 courses puts 2 courses in my area in his top 28 (Camden 2 and West Lake). Since I am personally not well traveled, it is awesome to see a direct comparison between the top courses I have played and the top rated courses in the country.

It's a shame that the weaker early reviews for Camden 2 before the course had as much work put into it will continue to hold it's overall rating back. The experience of playing that course for the first time turned me from a 'noob hyzer' player to a committed golfer looking to improve my game.

Really glad to see Shawshank was on your list. I remember reading a great story on your blog about meeting Steve and playing with him on his birthday.

I think that's one of the more underrated courses in the country.

Awesome to see that someone that has played 1000 courses puts 2 courses in my area in his top 28 (Camden 2 and West Lake). Since I am personally not well traveled, it is awesome to see a direct comparison between the top courses I have played and the top rated courses in the country.

It's a shame that the weaker early reviews for Camden 2 before the course had as much work put into it will continue to hold it's overall rating back. The experience of playing that course for the first time turned me from a 'noob hyzer' player to a committed golfer looking to improve my game.

Maybe some of those reviewers can re-evaluate the course, which has had LOTS of work in the last couple years (and continuing), then update their reviews!
:thmbup:

sorry, nothing against that course, it was very enjoyable indeed, and maybe it's because I have played so many courses since then, but it just doesn't stand out in my mind as strongly.

sorry, nothing against that course, it was very enjoyable indeed, and maybe it's because I have played so many courses since then, but it just doesn't stand out in my mind as strongly.

no offense taken. i was shocked when i saw it. especially since you prob played it right before or after Stoney Hill. hard to compare to that.

No place like home...

The thing that jumps out at me is that you can play 1,000 courses all over the US and still prefer your home courses. 40% of MD'S top 20 in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

That's what our players tend to tell us as they travel out of the area - that we've got it pretty good around here.

That's what our players tend to tell us as they travel out of the area - that we've got it pretty good around here.
Well, that's one interpretation...but I'm not buying four Highbridge courses are in the top 20.

Last edited: