• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

personalized scorecards

calvarycoffee

Par Member
i have been asked to create a scorecard for our local course. I will be taking out the measuring wheel and measuring each hole in feet and coming up with pars for each of the 9 holes. then puting them into a permanent scorecard.

anyone out there have a scorecard template (on spreadsheet) to work with?

and how would i measure dog legs? would elevation come into play? (between tee and basket)

advice on choosing pars?

any help would be apprieciated!
dave

I know this isn't the answer you are looking for but just a suggestion for measuring the holes: Don't use a wheel. I work in road construction and have assited many surveyors in their construction staking. I can say that without a doubt, unless you are using a wheel on a very smooth surface like a roadway it is very inaccurate. For about $30 or so I bought a 300' Stanley Power winder tape and I got mine from Lowes. Which is probably about the same amount of money or a little less than what most wheels cost.

Get a buddy to come with you and hold the one end of the tape. When the holes are over 300' just pull the tape all the way out and mark on the grass with a dot of marking paint or one of those little orange pylons kids use for soccer or something like that.

If you want to get crazy accurate get yourself a GPS robotic total station with a prism and rod...That'll only set you back $10,000...or more... :D You'll be the envy of all the surveyors in the neighborhood.

-DAllen

Or, if you want a toy you can continue to use, for a couple hundo you can buy a laser range finder. As accurate as anything you'll need.

calvarycoffee said:
anyone out there have a scorecard template (on spreadsheet) to work with?

Someone on here has a link in their signature that says 'Make your own scorecards'...or something like that. Now if only I could remember who it is... :?

sleepy

That's actually some guy on the PDGA boards and the link takes you to a smart a$$ comment that says something like you don't need scorecards..

It's not in spreadsheet format but here's one I found somewhere...

http://www.jezebelle.org/~pagan/files/disc_golf_scorecard.pdf

Here's a couple links to a 27 hole scorecard template I quickly made up in Open Office. I've supplied both an Open Office and Excel 95 (or newer) format. Make use of it as ya can.

OpenOffice format:
http://www.jezebelle.org/~pagan/files/DiscGolfScoreCard.ods

MicroShaft Office format:
http://www.jezebelle.org/~pagan/files/DiscGolfScoreCard.xls

Pagan

discmonkey42 said:
That's actually some guy on the PDGA boards and the link takes you to a smart a$$ comment that says something like you don't need scorecards..

Hmm, there may be someone else on the PDGA boards who does have the smart a$$ link, but this is the link I was referring to. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be working at the moment.

You might want to drop the guy a line and ask him about it. His name is Pat Erley and here's a link to his profile on the PDGA board.

sleepy

TexasOutlaw said:
You have to have a special version of adobe to edit, right? I think I only have the reader.

I read that you can export the PDF to PostScript, edit the PostScript, then export to PDF again. In Linux you would use pdf2ps to convert formats. As for WinDoze probably several utilities to do that. Might even be a pdf2ps windoze version...

Pagan

what i am thinking is to have my girfriend work on it on Excel. (i'm pretty dumb with that).

i'll make 1 page of 3 cards (that will be cut apart later) send them to the city parks department. they will print all that i need. i also thought about a course map on the opposite site.

if there is no template for excel, i'll just make one from scratch, i guess.

i like the cards that have been sent to me- they will help a lot!

dave

Latest posts