• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phantom Falls...

broxey

What can I say about this course besides if you get the chance to play it then I strongly recommend that you do.

This course is now a par 90 30 hole course. This is a challenge if there ever was one. This course has everything. Very technical which I love. You can tell that a lot of time, effort and thought went into the design and constant upkeep of this course.

We had absolutely perfect weather also. High 70's during the day and mid 60's at night. So all in all perfect golfing weather...

This course starts off with the coolest basket I have ever seen. Handmade wooden basket that makes a "clunk" sound when your disc hits the chains, something different and amazing. This hole is called the Money Hole for a reason. I will upload some pics when I get the chance. Currently Im at work and the pics are at home.

Phantom Falls, has everything you could hope for in a course. Short "ace runs" , to uphill "1 gappers" and everything in between. The two long holes make the course quite challenging.

This course, is a consistent technical course. The holes will either make you or break you. You can turn what looks like a birdie into a bogey or worse very quickly.

The pads are crushed rock which is not something I was used to but it allows for great grip and a adds a "mountain feel" to the course. Not to mention the outstanding views, which were priceless.

I cant say enough good things about this course, the designer and owner.

Great people, great course.

Ive played all around the upper half of the united states and this course takes the cake.

I had the amazing chance to spend a wonderful 6 days traveling from Iowa to Colorado playing a lot of golf. We had the opportunity to play some awesome courses. We actually played 7 courses. which were as follows:

WideField in Colorado Spings
Cottonwood in Colorado Springs
Phantom Falls in Pine, Colorado
Beaver Ranch in Pine Colorado
Frontier Park in Hays, Kansas
Shawnee Lake in Wichita Kansas

All which were amazing courses and not what I am used to at least here in Iowa.

I will say that Phantom Falls in Pine Colorado would be the best course I got to play. Beaver Ranch does come in a close second just by having the signature holes that make that course what it is.

Phantom Falls would rank highest in my book for multiple reasons. The hospitality of the owner/designer. The great round that I got to play with Ponto (great -10, absolutely amazingly to see what someone can do on that technical of a course). As for me I scored a +6 and the second round would have been better but being on the ladies time schedule we had to leave.

I would like to thank everyone that made this vacation one for the books. Paulie and Ponto you two guys made the vacation something special.

I will have to definitely make a return trip just to play this wonderful course again.

So in ending. If you get the opportunity to play this amazing Private Mountain course, I highly recommend it.

Thanks again, to everyone who helped make this possible....

James Broxey
[email protected]

Latest posts