• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pick the most stable disc

What is the most stable disc?

• Total voters
Just curious - why these three particular discs in the poll?

Buzz, then leopard, then firechicken....Stable, understable, overstable

what is the point in this poll????

I don't have time to dig up the link, but there was a big discussion this morning about the true meaning of 'stable.' This appears to be an attempt to nail down the meaning as it is understood by those on this particular forum.

BTW...I voted Buzzz (FB is most OVERstable and Leopard is most UNDERstable)

Last edited:
Are Leopards obviously understable, really? Especially Champ and Star ones?

So If you're comparing a Sidewinder to a Roadrunner do you say "The Sidewinder is more stable"? I do but according to some on the other thread that would be wrong because it's still understable so that's wrong to say apparently.

So when I say "more stable" or "less stable" it's jibberish?

So If you're comparing a Sidewinder to a Roadrunner do you say "The Sidewinder is more stable"? I do but according to some on the other thread that would be wrong because it's still understable so that's wrong to say apparently.

So when I say "more stable" or "less stable" it's jibberish?

jesus_facepalm.jpg

not jibberish...just not the best way to represent the physics of the disc. 'the roadrunner feels a touch more understable than the sidewinder' is a more accurate way to say it.

why on earth would people expect terms created by "frisbee" golfers for "disc" golfers to make any sense whatsoever???

So if something is "less stable" or "not as straight" that could mean that it could be not as straight in either direction, meaning if something is "not as stable" the disc could hook left or right at the end.

I agree that Stable means straight but when comparing discs something that is "more stable" than another disc has more stability and thus will fly more overstable.

Last edited:
my dumbass clicked firebird and then as i was clicking vote i read it again and my mind went "wait noooooooooooo"...too late.

I clicked Firebird because it's right. When comparing discs, something that is "more stable" has more stability and thus is more overstable.

My new star leopard is pretty stable. Meaning it flies straight and does not fade. Hoping it beats in though.

Latest posts