• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing a tourney with your toddler

Based on the last couple posts I will just take it as nobody has a problem with taking kids on casual rounds. Done.

Depends on the kids, really. :p

But seriously, I'd never tell someone they couldn't bring their kids with them to play a casual round, it's up to them. Doesn't mean I have to play with them (doesn't mean I won't either...it really does depend on the kids...and the parent). That's the freedom of a casual round...I can choose who I play with and who I don't. A freedom that doesn't apply to a tournament round where groups are assigned, which is why this thread exists in the first place.

Next time there is an adgt event I'm taking everyone's toddler from dgcr to pad the gallery. Anybody here got beef with that?

Well, I did take 6 kids between ages 3-11 discing for the first time about 5 years ago(with all the male parents, none of whom had disced before). The kids had much fun and were so eager that about hole #4 I began to wonder if an ambulance would soon be called, and if Uncle Mike would be banned from all future family gatherings.
Fortunately no one was hit, and the grandparents and moms thought I was wonderful for giving them a break for several hours. Whew!

(Stupid time limit)
Of my friends who do bring a youngun or two for casuals, only the 13 yo seems interested in throwing, and the others (including with the stroller) know to stay behind us. A bonus is their ability to be self-involved, and not need dad or mom to attend to them after every throw.

On the other hand, I played with a guy a few weeks ago in Boise with a 6 yo and a 3 yo in a stroller. The 6 yo was a holy terror, yelling, throwing his pop can and careening with the stroller, and tipped it over twice.
I keep my eye open and hightail it if I see his kids with him now.

Latest posts