• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing Idlewild April 4th, who wants to play

SigmaChris

Par Member
Zud00 is coming in from Indiana next weekend. We are playing Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge (formerly Banklick). Does anyone else from here want to meet up? I am picking Zud up from downtown Cincy at 9.15, swinging by Disc N Dat for some new toys. I imagine we will be at Idlewild at 10.30ish teeing off at 11.00.

Afterward we are playing Lincoln, so maybe 2.30 / 3.00 to be teeing off there.

Let me know if you are interested...neither Zud or I have played either courses before so an experienced guide would be nice to have. Others who haven't played are welcome to of course.

Cheers,
Chris

i'm going to talk to my wife and see if she minds if i leave our son with her for a whole day...wish me luck...

i'm going to talk to my wife and see if she minds if i leave our son with her for a whole day...wish me luck...

I got my wife to take our 4 and 1 year old. My selling point was its either DG for free or ball golf for $60. She doesn't know about the Disc N Dat stop though...good luck, I hope you can join us.

Hope you can make it Hamilton. I'm so pumped!!!

She's taking time to think about it but I think I can talk her into it...I have played idlewild so at least I can help in that regard

My wife is in a conference for work all day in Cinci so she's letting me loose to play.

Which was your favorite discflinger? Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge (Banklick), or Mt. Airy?

OK, so Zud actually gets into town sooner and he wants to start sooner. If I pick him up at 8.00, we can warm up and be teeing off at 9.00. Disc N Dat doesn't open until 10.00, so we can hit that on our lunch break over to Lincoln / Banklick. Figure teeing off at 1.00ish at Banklick.

Hamilton, what is your plan? Does the earlier start time help or hinder you?

That helps me...trying to get a definite word this afternoon...the earlier i can be done the better...i just wonder if the dew will be a hindrance, starting not long after sunrise...

That helps me...trying to get a definite word this afternoon...the earlier i can be done the better...i just wonder if the dew will be a hindrance, starting not long after sunrise...

Just bring a hand towel or golf towel to keep your hands and discs dry.

Sounds good! Dew will provide for some great skip shots! I've got a few towels, I will probably wash them before we play.

april 4th is a saturday isn't it? I dunno why im thinking about going..id have to leave at like 4am to make it there in time for you guys to play...and I don't drive well when im tired as **** and i was gonna go to a friends 21st bday party...

If you don't mind a newbie I may join in depending on whats happening. Wife is going out of town and I got a couple of teenagers so i could do idlewild but probably not Lincoln ridge. I know Idlewild really well because we walk it all the time and play it every once in a while. I mainly do boone right now because idlewild can be frustrating for a newb like me. I also live in the burlington area(about 5 mins from idlewild) so if you need any directions or whatever let me know.