• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing Through Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play most often on a short fast course thats smack dab in town so there are a variety of skill levels and play speeds. I've actually asked groups if I can play through a bunch of times and every time they've been accommodating. I've had groups say that they didn't know playing through was even something that people did. Sometimes people don't know until you tell them.

Sooooo how did I just find this thread???

I love how basically everyone in this thread is like "of course you are lying thug I always let people play through" yet out on the course hardly ANYONE shows that courtesy?

Probably because dgcr is made up of wannabe advanced try hard baggers who think they are the shiz but really suck as people. Admit it, you tee off as fast as you can to avoid the solo guy with 3 discs because you I know he would beat on your full ridgeroller ass.

Sooooo how did I just find this thread???

I love how basically everyone in this thread is like "of course you are lying thug I always let people play through" yet out on the course hardly ANYONE shows that courtesy?

Probably because dgcr is made up of wannabe advanced try hard baggers who think they are the shiz but really suck as people. Admit it, you tee off as fast as you can to avoid the solo guy with 3 discs because you I know he would beat on your full ridgeroller ass.

Hahaha maybe MN is just worse than other areas? Apparently everyone is courteous elsewhere.

Hahaha maybe MN is just worse than other areas? Apparently everyone is courteous elsewhere.

MN must be quite the anomaly because I've played for 31 years and never had a negative experience with other players on the course when it comes to slower groups.

The dirt bikes/ATVs are a different story...... :D

Most groups that I have encountered will either wait for me (solo) and let me through or sometimes I will have to ask. Very rarely will a group not let me through. Then I just skip the hole move ahead and fight the little devil on my shoulder telling me to play really slow and hold them up. Seriously, I enjoy logging miles as I play so I am always moving quickly.

Too old and broken to be jogging guy anymore but I can walk really fast.

I think thugnificent threw on me when I was in MN. I was walking up to the basket on a little 245' par three and a disc lands a few feet behind me. I said wtf and picked up his blizzard Katana and threw it in the woods.

I think thugnificent threw on me when I was in MN. I was walking up to the basket on a little 245' par three and a disc lands a few feet behind me. I said wtf and picked up his blizzard Katana and threw it in the woods.

Hahahaha considering I am a max weight candy premium snob, it was probably someone else. Plus, in that kind of range, I am either backhanding one of my mids of forehanding my Champ TeeBird. Fool.

MN must be quite the anomaly because I've played for 31 years and never had a negative experience with other players on the course when it comes to slower groups.

The dirt bikes/ATVs are a different story...... :D

In the past 5 or so years, the sport exploded in popularity here. Now, everyone and their mother discs in MN. Naturally, with the larger player base, more riff raff. I give leeway if it is obvious that they are new and oblivious to the rules and etiquette, but the weekend warrior cooler of Bud Light totin' bros, they have no excuse.

Everyone seems to be against Thug. But I agree with him. F any douchebags on the course. If you hit em, collect your disc with name and number, and run!

Everyone seems to be against Thug. But I agree with him. F any douchebags on the course. If you hit em, collect your disc with name and number, and run!

Hahahaha the point is to NOT hit them... Unless you are into that sort of thing. In which case, happy hunting hahahaha.

Just kidding, don't take aim at people. It's frightfully rude.

In the past 5 or so years, the sport exploded in popularity here. Now, everyone and their mother discs in MN. Naturally, with the larger player base, more riff raff. I give leeway if it is obvious that they are new and oblivious to the rules and etiquette, but the weekend warrior cooler of Bud Light totin' bros, they have no excuse.

No, that's not it. The thing is that disc golf naturally brings out the white trash element, so here in MN you get a concentration of white trash you are not used to.

In Charlotte EVERYONE is white trash so they are all on the same level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts