• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please help

Obsessediscer

I'm new to the game, I've only played for a few months..
I need wanna buy some new discs..
I currently have a Orc, beast, katana,eagle, mako, cobra and an aviar putter..
I throw alot of thumbers with my eagle but I was looking for a disc that breaks right harder.. I've heard firebirds are really good for this.. Has anyone had any luck with the firebird and also what disc do u you for maxx distance for a thumber??
I'm also looking for a good midrange disc that will fade right for me.. Any suggestions??

Fade right for you out of a thumber? A Firebird will probably do it more than your Eagle. So would a Flick, XXX, Pred, Banshee, something overstable.

As for the mid, are you throwing that thumber also, or RHBH?

Yea I'm thinking about getting a firebird so I can get it to fade farther right (as a thumber) than my eagle.. On the midrange I'm looking for a disc to fade right for a rhbh.. Thx

I have nothing to add except I read your name as obese discer and wondered why the hell anyone would pick that as a name.

Yea I'm thinking about getting a firebird so I can get it to fade farther right (as a thumber) than my eagle.. On the midrange I'm looking for a disc to fade right for a rhbh.. Thx

Meteor! or a beat pro d buzzz

Well as a RHBH thrower, nothing truly fades right, but there are some that are what we call understable that will turn right provided you get enough speed on them. My first was a Stingray but a Meteor or something like that would work as well.

For rhbh shots fading right I like a beat roc or a sss magic. I know thats not a midrange, but its a putter that can be throw far, dead straight, and with great glide. Will hold that turnover line nicely. I havent used a meteor but can tell you from what ive seen they are extremelly understable. I need to check one out I think.

I'd say, if your "obsessed" with disc, then you need to learn how to throw back hand :)

Even sidearm is better than a thumber lol.

I've been trying to work on flicks but I still don't have them down yet.. It feels really akward for me lol but I'll keep practincing cause when I do get a flick to work it will make that right turn alot easier than a rhbh.. And I love thumbers they're great cause I can be so accurate with them I was just looking for a disc that might break a lil harder right and maybe get more distance at the same time

Yep, I can understand that. Thumbers are my least favorite shot, that's all lol

From what I gather, a firebird or a predator would do what u want....

XXX is the BEST thumber disc. Buy a Goldline that is 172-175 and let it fly. Opto works well too, but it is harder to find. Too damn clear in the woods or weeds. It will fade further right for you, and give you more distance. It took me from about 250' to 275' instantly. Now I am up to around 300' plus if I max it out. I have probably hit 350' a few times on wide open holes. Give it some decent height, and it will just keep going.

Thx sloppy I'll have to check that disc out it sounds exactly like what I need.. I just found out about the site yesterday and I really like you guys are all very supportive...