• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please take a gander at my drive

cyucus

View My Video

Reading around on here lately, I think I have an idea of what's going wrong, starting with bgetting my massive x-step under control.

I'm throwing around 290-300, but I constantly am burning discs over to the right with my release point and later anny the hell out of them in the air. Been reading about the whole trying too hard thing and think that's where I might be right now.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance

Gotta sleep after watching USDGC webcast. You should really push the elbow far in front of the body before straightening the elbow while accelerating from the right pec position. You're strong arming yanking the arm way to early. Also you need to really twist the hips farther right than the knees and the shoulders more to the right than the hips. The disc should move in a fairly straight line from the right pec position. Now you're pirouetting with the body and moving the arm too late to get you right.

Unwanted annies are prevented by stepping more to the right with the plant step that is your final step with the right leg and maintaining upright posture everywhere. No tilting the hips or twisting the ankles or dropping the right shoulder please.

This looks like textbook strong-arming to me. It doesn't look like you get any 'whip' from your arm. Just what JR said, get your hips/shoulders into it. For me, it helped to just focus on my shoulder rotation, and the hips just did the work themselves.

The other thing I notice is you're weight back. This one is a little trickier to teach yourself to do, in fact I still struggle with it. Try slowing down and taking smaller steps, and work the shoulder rotation later. This will let your momentum carry you forward, instead of your arm pulling your body backwards with the momentum from the strong-arming.