• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] PM Hades

Picked up a swirly blue 172g at a shop. Kinda high shoulder and flattish otherwise. Profile reminds me of the lone Shryke I have. Gonna give it some air time in the morning.

Anyone able to compare a Hades to a Thrasher? They look to be the same numbers or else very close. Might try a Thrasher too until I can get a Hades on the McValue menu.

Or a Crank SS. That just looks a speed faster.

So flat hades are overstable.
Domey hades are understable but not as understable as a thrasher.

So flat hades are overstable.
Domey hades are understable but not as understable as a thrasher.

So Thrashers are more understable then. I've never tried one but the Hades goes far for me. Was kinda curious why the Hades was so similar to the Thrasher. Seemed redundant.

So Thrashers are more understable then. I've never tried one but the Hades goes far for me. Was kinda curious why the Hades was so similar to the Thrasher. Seemed redundant.

It's a 12 speed, Thrasher is 11 speed. McBeth's name is on it so I reckon they'll sell a bunch more of them than Thrashers.

Hard to compare to thrasher because there's different runs of thrasher with wildly varying stabilities, from my experience.

What I can say based on the discs I have is that the Hades is more stable than the BigZ Thrasher I have, but nowhere near as stable as the 3 ESP Thrashers I have (newest runs).

Hard to compare to thrasher because there's different runs of thrasher with wildly varying stabilities, from my experience.

What I can say based on the discs I have is that the Hades is more stable than the BigZ Thrasher I have, but nowhere near as stable as the 3 ESP Thrashers I have (newest runs).

Good to know. I'll see what I can find for Thrashers. ESP or Z is probably what I'd look for anyway. I like the Hades but I'll wait until they're cheaper before getting another.

Only Thrasher I have is a zFLX and it is both extremely gummy (most zFLX isn't this gummy) and extremely understable. Understable like a Latitude 64 Bolt.

I posted my review on the Hades a couple pages back, mine is flat and stable for my 300+/- arm. Hearing some people call them extremely understable, I wonder if that is all flat vs dome or if there is sort of a speed limit on this disc. If you are below X distance it will be stable/overstable, if you are over X distance it will be understable. As I mentioned earlier discs with a high turn and a high fade number do tend to see that effect.

I gave my friend one of my proto Hades today to keep, and he can get up to 300 feet every once in a while. He had a couple good S-curve 300 footers with it on open holes. It landed pretty neutral of his line.

In general, the domier the distance driver, the more stable it is compared to flat, but of the 3 Hades I have, the one with a little more dome had a slightly lower PLH and was slightly less stable. It has more to do with the PLH than amount of dome, but larger dome usually pulls the PLH up leading to more stability.

I've seen some absolute chonkers of domey Hades, but I had 2 flat, and one medium dome.

Mine is flat too. I also throw around 300'. It seems to vary in stability from pretty overstable to very understable. Depending on the angle I release it at. Kind of touchy with my limited number of throws, but when I throw it good it bombs for me. That's why I was wondering about the Thrasher. Similar numbers but a bit slower. I throw Wraiths but they're pretty stable for me. The Hades is a good compliment to my Wraiths. I'll just order a couple to test out.

I have a moderately domey one and it flies a bit more stable than the domey Big Z Thrasher I used to have. If you have the inkling of a headwind it'll flip on a heartbeat, but for tailwind or clam conditions I'm getting close to my max distance with less effort. You can get some nasty hyzer-flip forehands to go a long way without much behind them too, again with no headwind

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Mine is flat too. I also throw around 300'. It seems to vary in stability from pretty overstable to very understable. Depending on the angle I release it at. Kind of touchy with my limited number of throws, but when I throw it good it bombs for me. That's why I was wondering about the Thrasher. Similar numbers but a bit slower. I throw Wraiths but they're pretty stable for me. The Hades is a good compliment to my Wraiths. I'll just order a couple to test out.

If you throw around only 300, I highly recommend a BigZ (big raptor stamp) Thrasher. They're hard to come by these days, but you if you look hard enough you can still get one. Mid-upper 160s recommended. They're so wonderfully flippy, and super fun to throw, especially in tailwinds. I have a 163 Hades that I can sometime throw similarly to my BigZ Thrasher, but it's just not the same amount of fun.

I haven't seen any Big Z yet. Found a few Z, Ti and esp.

Most likely a fluke, but how far are you throwing your Shrykes/DD3s? If you get the Hades too nose up it will do that for sure though.
It almost has to be just a fluke disc. Throwing champ shrykes and echo DD3s in the 350-400 range. I do occasionally have trouble with nose up, but my particular Hades flies like a turd whether nose down or nose up. I have to release on anhyzer angle to get any turn, and even then it is a challenge to break 300 ft with it. I have a second one I wasn't going to throw so I could sell it as new, but now I'm tempted to just throw it since it has a little bit of a dome unlike the first one.

It almost has to be just a fluke disc. Throwing champ shrykes and echo DD3s in the 350-400 range. I do occasionally have trouble with nose up, but my particular Hades flies like a turd whether nose down or nose up. I have to release on anhyzer angle to get any turn, and even then it is a challenge to break 300 ft with it. I have a second one I wasn't going to throw so I could sell it as new, but now I'm tempted to just throw it since it has a little bit of a dome unlike the first one.

Yeah I prefer my US max D stuff to have some dome regardless of what mold. Domey Shrykes bomb, and I've got a 162 Hades that has a big dome to it, but my 174s are both flat. I'll have to see if I can throw one of my buddies' 170 which have absolute pop tops.

Yeah I prefer my US max D stuff to have some dome regardless of what mold. Domey Shrykes bomb, and I've got a 162 Hades that has a big dome to it, but my 174s are both flat. I'll have to see if I can throw one of my buddies' 170 which have absolute pop tops.

Same. I don't like to try to mash flat drivers for big distance. They tend to be stubborn and lack glide.

I've had a couple flat Shrykes that weren't very good fliers.

Well, I ordered a couple Thrashers to compare to the Hades. We'll see how it goes. Added a Crank SS and Wave too just because.