• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] PM Hades

Shrykes are not hard at all to get up to speed. They're speed 13, but the rim doesn't feel wide. 350' power is more than enough to get some turn out of a Shryke.

If the Shryke is too much for you, the Tern is another very viable option. It'll fly every bit as far, but more erratically.

I get the shryke out with a fair amount of turn, my best throws with it flat haven't been measured but I would assume around 425ft. Measured distance I've gotten gladiators, Zeus's and destroyers all around the 405-415 range.

I was more thinking if throwing something that fast is worth it at that distance and a slightly slower shryke could be it.

Is the Hades a mold Paul would bag or throw? I've never really seen him throw anything remotely understable.

He's got the signature Avenger SS. He uses them mostly for rollers that I've seen, but it's definitely in the bag.

I figure they'll try to get the Hades approved before Jonesboro and/or GBO: courses where he needs more distance to compete against Simon/GG/Gibson.

(And courses where you can selectively sacrifice some placement ability to juice the distance. That's what flippy drivers are for!)

Is the Hades a mold Paul would bag or throw? I've never really seen him throw anything remotely understable. For long distance he seems to throw Kongs (Zeus), Force, or Destroyers years go.

All I really know about this mold so far is that the few prototypes available online are selling for outrageous prices.

Number wise it seems like the Hades is going to overlap a lot with the Crank.

IIRC, Paul bagged from time to time discs like the Roadrunner for rollers, and he may bag the Avenger SS for rollers at times. He also bagged a Shryke and threw it forehand on occasion. But none of these consistently.

So I can see him bagging a Hades for roller duty and other special situations, though it won't be a regularly thrown disc.

3 months later...

Should start seeing reviews of these soon. I have one coming early next week. A friend of mine gave it an unbelievably good review. Anyone else throw it yet?

3 months later...

Should start seeing reviews of these soon. I have one coming early next week. A friend of mine gave it an unbelievably good review. Anyone else throw it yet?

Have 2 sitting in my mailbox today. But its monsooning so I'll get some throws with them tomorrow

I got mine in yesterday, and only have about 12-15 throws with them. So far but I'm a big fan of the mold. I haven't tried many discs that Innova hasn't manufactured in the last couple years, but I was very pleasantly surprised by these. So far they are flying like a beat Wraith or fresh Tern for BH throws. I have yet to throw them FH, but I could see them making a good option in a tailwind. The 6 rating on glide is pretty evident on the Hades, they tend to stay in the air for a while. I'll report back in the next couple weeks with more, but based on the early returns they will definitely make the bag.

Last edited:
I've thrown a couple. The first one I threw was like a faster Avenger SS, will be a great roller disc or bomber disc for slower arm speeds. This one turns way to much at full power (good if I am trying to roll it).

The second one I threw seemed more true to the numbers and bombed on some hyzer-flip shots, not recommended for headwind drives.

Do you all think Hades is meant to be Paul's roller disc, being that Zeus would be the air flier and Hades (Hell) would be on the ground?

I think it's a disc he might not even bag... but a "beginner friendly" driver that he put his name on (for the fanbois that care about it). Can't have all OS molds, ya know.

I was wondering because the name and all. He bagged the roadrunner and the avenger ss as his roller, thought the hades could fit the slot for his roller now. He seems to bag all his discs so far.

I've thrown 2 of mine a fair bit (162 and 174) and they bomb. Had a 490' drive with a slight tailwind yesterday with the 174. The comparisons to a Tern are pretty spot on, but the Hades is a bit deeper rimmed so I can actually rip on one unlike a Tern.

I am getting it out over 400 with ease. Slight hyzer, it'll drifft for a long time before fighting out of it
It needs room to work at max throw but has the ability to keep from turning and burning. I'm curious to see how it seasons.
The pandemic rust has def. Hurt my distance. I was throwing a raider 440 at max, best throws, typically 390-410. Once I get back into regularly playing, hoping to really push the Hades out far.

I've heard these compared to a katana. I bag a katana and like it, but if I could have a slightly smaller rim katana I'd consider it. I have tried the tern in this slot... but in star plastic, they are just too flippy for me while katanas remain stable.

I'd agree, and should have qualified my statement. I'm throwing the brand new, max weights about 450, maybe a little farther. Drivers have always seemed to season more quickly regardless of plastic, whether due to usage, speed, or shape. My form isn't ideal, and I expect the Hades will become less HSS relatively quickly. I have the same issue with some Cranks and Punishers. I'm also keen to try rolling it, so that won't help it's relative stability, I don't imagine. I'd be happy to be wrong. Good disc.

So I got 3 of these proto Hades. 1 at 162g and 2 in the 170s. I've been trying to put my finger on how they fly, and I think I'm pretty confident in saying they fly like a flat Shryke, or a Star Tern without as much of a hard fade at the end. Flatter shrykes have less stability, while domier shrykes are more stable.

One of my 170 Hades is a little bit more stable than the other, and I did check both. The PLH on the more stable one is slightly higher.

Compared to my Thrashers: the 162g Hades is a little more stable than my 164g BigZ Thrasher (which is wonderfully flippy). The full weight Hades aren't anywhere near as stable as my ESP Thrasher (which might be a retooling or some kind of freak Thrasher, the PLH on it is very high).

Discraft's ratings of 13/6/-3/2 seem appropriate, where a Domey Shryke would be 13/6/-2/2, and a Tern would be 12/6/-3/2.5

On the durability of the ESP plastic, the more stable of my full weight Hades faded out and hit the concrete right under a basket on a drive (tremendous park job), but at a big cost. It took a solid chunk out of the rim. I was quite surprised, honestly. I haven't seen anything similar out of premium plastics with the exception of some of my lighter weight Star discs that have a lot of air bubbles in the rim. My ESP Zone and ESP Thrasher seem to be holding up extremely well over many concrete and tree hits, though.

Based on my experiences, I probably wouldn't bag the Hades, as my Destiny consistently outflies the Hades on tailwind shots, and my ESP Thrasher and lightweight Goldline Ballista Pro are just way straighter and more consistent on slight headwind conditions. Off topic, but if anybody wants to try a slightly flippy Distance Bomber, give a lightweight Goldline Ballista Pro a try. I get as much distance out of this with a straight flight and fade as my understable discs that fully S out in their flight, and there's so much unlocked potential yet in it. It's extremely fun.

Last edited:
Got mine out today. I throw 300' give our take 20'. Flat top that feels good, however the rim feels very very hard to me. I like gummy drivers so take that with salt. Flies similar to my Gstar Wraith. Glide is good but nothing special. I need to anhyzer it to get a good flight out of it at my power level. I traditionally dislike drivers with a high turn and a high fade number. Too much anny and they can't fight out of it, not enough and they fade out early. Did see that happen with the Hades. One flex into a head wind stayed anny to the ground. Another into a lesser headwind didn't really flip much and faded out hard. Discs like this it feels like there is a very precise line you have to balance, little left or a little right, little too much power or not enough and the disc is going to magnify the mistake. I suspect if I had the power to hyzerflip it the results would be much more consistent. I will play with it some more and report back if my opinion changes but I expect to continue to lean on my Thunderbird for flex drives and my CD2 for hyzerflip drives, they go just as far as this did for me but more predictably.

Latest posts