• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] PM Hades

I've had my Hades for about a week now, and have really enjoyed throwing them. Most of my Hades throws have been between 370-410' but I have been able to stretch it out to about 430' on my best pulls (or ~350' when I throw like a trashcan). Others reading this review should note that I live a bit more than 6000' above sea level so they will fly less OS for people living at lower elevations. I've tried a handful of Hades ranging between 165 and 174 grams thus far and they have all been fairly similar in flight.

I stand by my earlier comparison to a Tern or a beat Pro Wraith, since they have a noticeable turn and then a fade back to the original aim point. I am most impressed with the glide in the Hades thus far, they tend to stay in the air for longer than I would expect a 12 speed to do. This is why I feel they are very similar to the Tern in flight. While I throw them predominantly as BH max distance drivers, I have also started to experiment with them for FH hyzer flips with some success. In a tailwind, they are fantastic for a long FH shot, but work well in calm conditions if given a hyzer release. I would not recommend throwing these FH into a headwind even at high altitudes. The Hades will definitely be going into my main bag for the rest of the year, and I have another few coming in the mail to have as backups.

The multiple comparisons to a seasoned Wraith make me think that this could be an overlap disc for me. Just gotta be patient and wait for the stock stamp to find out, I guess.

How much hyzer are y'all putting them on to get them to 400 feet? Like 60 degrees down?

I've only thrown a Hades once, so my sample size is garbage. But I heard they were understable and it was on a hole that needed a straight flight then a lot of fade. Figuring it was too understable for the shot, I put it on a lot of hyzer, probably 30 degrees, and the thing flipped all the way over and burned into the ground.

The one I threw had some dome to it. Maybe it was just way more US than normal? My Shrykes don't flip that much.

The multiple comparisons to a seasoned Wraith make me think that this could be an overlap disc for me. Just gotta be patient and wait for the stock stamp to find out, I guess.

From my experience, the Hades is only close to a well loved Pro Wraith (read 6/10 on the sleepy scale) where they will flip up and drift US for a ways before having a subtle fade. They are nowhere close to the stability of a newer Wraith in any plastic.

How much hyzer are y'all putting them on to get them to 400 feet? Like 60 degrees down?

I've only thrown a Hades once, so my sample size is garbage. But I heard they were understable and it was on a hole that needed a straight flight then a lot of fade. Figuring it was too understable for the shot, I put it on a lot of hyzer, probably 30 degrees, and the thing flipped all the way over and burned into the ground.

The one I threw had some dome to it. Maybe it was just way more US than normal? My Shrykes don't flip that much.

I'm typically throwing mine with a very slight hyzer angle, maybe around an 8 o'clock release. They will show some turn, but I can't even think of one throw that has come close to becoming a throwler on me. Even when I give these a slight anny release, they then to fight back close to center. Granted I live in Colorado, and am 6000' plus above sea level so that is definitely a factor in the Hades flying less US. At sea level I imagine them requiring more of a hyzer release to mimic the flight path I've been getting consistently.

Figuring it was too understable for the shot, I put it on a lot of hyzer, probably 30 degrees, and the thing flipped all the way over and burned into the ground.

I have one like this too. I have thrown 2 of them so far, one goes straight into roller mode if I am trying to bomb it and the other one hyzer flips and bombs. I have 2 others I haven't thrown yet, I will try them out this weekend.

I have a slow arm and never throws at max ( just hurts my arm and my game ) . . i throw in the 310-350ft range

And at that speed i don´t find the Hades flippy at all.. and i even have a 155g Hades ( i have a 155g, a 165, and a 172g )
For me att that distance i would say that the 172g Hades i have flies like 12/6/-1/1

I have a slow arm and never throws at max ( just hurts my arm and my game ) . . i throw in the 310-350ft range

And at that speed i don´t find the Hades flippy at all.. and i even have a 155g Hades ( i have a 155g, a 165, and a 172g )
For me att that distance i would say that the 172g Hades i have flies like 12/6/-1/1

Hmmm, the proverbial "longer FD". I'm probably gonna hafta try one.

These are out of stock at my normal locations. Guess I'll wait until I can feel one up in a shop or just avoid more McBeth-mania like usual.

That's a sweet dye job 👍

Hopefully I'll get some throws with mine tomorrow finally.

Finally got some throws with mine yesterday. This thing can bomb for me. I don't throw far by any means, 300' on a good rip usually. I was getting this out to probably 320' or 330' pretty easily.

The downside is I don't know where it's going to end up yet. It's touchy for sure but it's making my bag based on its distance potential. It's a small sample size but if I can dial it in I'm going to definitely pick up a few more. Nice disc.

My thoughts for the Hades is pretty much the same. It seems to be sensitive to release angles. Too much Anny and it just turns and turns, too much hyzer and it will fade harder than expected and not glide too much.

For a supposed -3 hss disc it handles headwinds pretty well.

Yep. When I got into it it bombed but a touch too much hyzer it was like a Wraith for me. Which is fine, I throw Wraiths. A little flex and it may sail right forever. It may fade out. Like a Shryke for me. Like I said though, the potential is there for easy distance. I'm going to keep working with it and hope I figure it out.

I have done a lot of field work with the Hades in the last week. Throwing it side by side with a lot of comparable big, understable drivers.

I find it most similar to the Infinite Discs Pharaoh in I-blend plastic.

It is kind of in between my Daedalus and Shryke. It gets the initial turn of the Daedalus, but where the Daedalus has a tendency to keep turning and never come back, the Hades comes back and finishes a little right of center (RHBH). The Hades has similar fade as the Shryke but definitely more turn. (Not sure if my Shryke is more stable than the norm, but even on 400 ft flat throws, it is left of center)

Currently the Hades and Pharaoh have been my most frequent 425-450 ft drives. The Pharaoh has been slightly longer, but the Hades has less turn and burn potential.

Wanted to love this disc. It is a glideless turd. Currently throw Shrykes and Echo DD3s for distance. I'm not sure if my Hades is a fluke but it is a flat 173 and flies 2/3 the distance of my other drivers with an over stable flight. So weird.

Wanted to love this disc. It is a glideless turd. Currently throw Shrykes and Echo DD3s for distance. I'm not sure if my Hades is a fluke but it is a flat 173 and flies 2/3 the distance of my other drivers with an over stable flight. So weird.

I felt the same way about the Kong/Zeus.... and I've thrown 6 of them. I simply can't get the damn things to glide. They fly 2/3 the distance of star Destroyers.

If/when I get a Hades I'll do a detailed write up of it. Bummer to hear the thing doesn't glide well.

I don't throw very far but I throw these farther than anything else. When they go they really go imo. I'm still trying to master it but I'm loving mine so far.

I can get some good rips on the Hades with some really good distance with it. I would only throw it on a wife open Shot with little to no wind. I like the disc but I don't think it's going to stay in the bag.

Most likely a fluke, but how far are you throwing your Shrykes/DD3s? If you get the Hades too nose up it will do that for sure though.

Latest posts