• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to help. Trophy Lakes is great. I can never be shown too many water throws on a course.

Appreciate it. Yeah, I played a couple weeks back and had a blast. I was a little intimidated by all that water at first...don't get too many water holes in the IL burbs.

Truckee-Regional-06-02-2011-13-M.jpg

Stacie, Thanks for the link. Nice photos. Do you get a lot of these?

Yea, if you go to the upper left hand corner, there's a selection called "Disc Golf" to the right of "budewij". All of my discing photos are there.

I get lucky with the pictures, living in a picture perfect town.

Thanks for the complement.

discmountain%252520resize.jpg

Memorial weekend we went camping at 11,000ish feet (think gps said camp was 11,250) I took a voodoo because I was looking for a huge cliff to hurl it off, I found a cliff but the stiff headwind (50-60mph) decided me not to waste the throw. The one day we had no wind I had left the disc behind at camp. I did get some practice throws at camp and it seems at that altitude plastic flies a bit farther and is a bit more overstable. I can't completely vouch for this as I don't throw this disc regularly at home altitude (6,000'). Also at that altitude I wasn't doing a lot of throw and walk, I had better things to do.. like posthole up large snow drifts and fish.

Oh man! I just took that same exact pic about a week ago (Hammond Hill, I assume). I hit a putt from the bottom of that hill...:D....for bogey! :eek: That thing is friggin' tall.

Some of those long pin placements on the back nine are kinda crazy, but fun and different.

Oh man! I just took that same exact pic about a week ago (Hammond Hill, I assume). I hit a putt from the bottom of that hill...:D....for bogey! :eek: That thing is friggin' tall.

Some of those long pin placements on the back nine are kinda crazy, but fun and different.

I did the same thing.... but for Double Bogey.. That place is to hard without a spotter.

I did the same thing.... but for Double Bogey.. That place is to hard without a spotter.

Ya, too many blind holes. Its crazy! I never played the longs until last week. Luckily I played with a couple locals that said they helped move the pins. At least they have somewhat accurate signs. Still a con though.

Here a few from my trip to the IDGC back in the Fall. Don't know how cool they are but hey...
The first speaks for itself (too bad I didn't have the wherewithall to have my party seated beneath the Wall of Fame!), as does the second. And third is me driving #18 at Jim Warner Memorial.

Attachments

• IMG_0040 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0040 (640x480).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0041 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0041 (640x480).jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0083 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0083 (640x480).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 113
#11 TC3 Panther Highlands, black tees. Warm up round before the Empire State Senior Games.

251211_1811543731535_1328254009_31799099_1183770_n.jpg

If you haven't played this gem of a course in upstate NY you really ought give it try. Impeccably groomed and you do not want to be in the rough. This course is begging to be played and rarely gets used.

Last edited:
This is hole #2 at Timber Lane Park, my new home course (since River Grove went private). I parked it with my putter this afternoon. I am going to ace this one day.

TimberLanehole2resized.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.