• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

its unique in a few different ways. one is there is a lot of attention paid to landscaping and making the course look very well kept. it has some of the usual raised greens but it also has a few sunken greens that ive never seen before which are tough to putt at. it also has some unusual out of bounds in the form of sandtraps lined with rocks and a very cool island green(this hole is short but a fairly well known pro took what i heard was a 15 on this hole). i cant wait until the parks other course is fully finished, it is an epic course in the making and they will complement each other very well.

I just played Burchfield (Devil's Den) this weekend for the first time! :thmbup:

The course is very well kept, was freshly mowed and nice and green from all the rain a week ago. The landscaping was very nice and pin locations were very challenging on some holes. Seems like they let you drive and then narrowed the hole the closer to the basket you got.

Note: I took the same front/back photo of #18 Yellow Basket above.

I thought it was really fun to have so many hazards out there that more or less just punished your score card and not your DG bag with lost discs. Like the #17 island hole, great concept, make the inside circle the "island" while all the grass is OB. If it were water you would risk a penalty and a lost disc, but in this case there is no chance to lose a disc, just a bad score.

Mandatory wall (#2 long tee), multiple OB sand traps clearly designated as such, the island hole and the closing beautiful landscaped basket. Kudos to Burchfield! :clap::clap:

Fairfield Disc Golf after some good rain and cooling temps at sunset

Wish i could post it bigger but i am unable to figure out the image link function. I've uploaded to flickr, and the link wont work, just a red X.

Nice picture, but why did you feel the need to waist a post with this?

look below
please

???

Dedication.

2012081695190935.jpg

dga! score!

its unique in a few different ways. one is there is a lot of attention paid to landscaping and making the course look very well kept. it has some of the usual raised greens but it also has a few sunken greens that ive never seen before which are tough to putt at. it also has some unusual out of bounds in the form of sandtraps lined with rocks and a very cool island green(this hole is short but a fairly well known pro took what i heard was a 15 on this hole). i cant wait until the parks other course is fully finished, it is an epic course in the making and they will complement each other very well.

Just to expand on fishmich's post, as I stated previous I had also just played Burchfield this weekend for the first time. One of the most unique courses I have played in my short career. I took a bunch of photos and emailed them to my brother and friends giving them an idea of what it was like.

I have attached 3 photos for your viewing pleasure... :D
Hole #2 (long tees) has a "Mando" wall you must clear
Hole #7 has a large OB sand trap right in front of the Blue basket.
Hole #17 is the new "island" hole fishmich described. (notice my Anode about 6 feet away for birdie).

Attachments

• Burchfield_2.jpg
    Burchfield_2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 394
  • Burchfield_7.jpg
    Burchfield_7.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 392
  • Burchfield_17.jpg
    Burchfield_17.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 390
My daughter this summer at Kingsley. She's gotta work a bit on the form but she'll throw a straight 30' skip shot 9/10 time. She only got a warning for the foot fault as this was pretty early in the course, and I didn't want to deal with a tantrum.

2012-06-11103526.jpg

My daughter this summer at Kingsley. She's gotta work a bit on the form but she'll throw a straight 30' skip shot 9/10 time. She only got a warning for the foot fault as this was pretty early in the course, and I didn't want to deal with a tantrum.

2012-06-11103526.jpg

ROFLOL!

She's so cute I don't think I could bring myself to penalize her for the foot-fault.

When my kiddos were that little it was, "Honey, throw it from wherever you want."

2012-06-11103526.jpg

AWE THAT'S PRECIOUS :thmbup:

PS. I think that she has better form than I do

that actually is pretty decent form! make sure she doesn't get hurt stepping off that tee though