• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Here for longest time playing without an ace

Playing off and on about 17 years. No aces on any course. One "practice ace" on my home basket on with an old beatup Eagle (one of my oldest discs) @ 280ft.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I just saw your post after his and though it was funny.

No biggie. Last weekend on vacation, my buddy and I played 5 rounds at Vallarta-Ast. He, too, has played 15 years without an ace. That record ended on his first round. It was blind, but cool to be there with him.

So I play a round against my buddy yesterday. 200' and some change hole. Basket is straight ahead just behind some trees. I throw my wasp to get some fade at the end. It goes on a perfect line 6 ft in the air. It is straight as an arrow until it gets past the trees. Perfect line and BANG. Nails the basket. Needed about 6 inches higher.

My first and only came last year.

I've been playing since '89; almost 20yrs without an ace.

15 years and 5 months no ace. I hit the yellow band hole 15,Dr. James A. Dillon park two weeks ago. I would not have had witnesses if I hit it anyway. Years ago at sahm park #4 hit a tree off the tee lands about 20ft in front of the tee. Second shot CHIANS !! If anyone has played sahm #4 you know it's nickname....... Thread the needle!!!! Still a great feeling hitting that.

When you finally get one take out a sharpie and write a fat ass "ACE" on the bottom.. youll feel a lot better i promise you!

I'm gonna polazarus this thread with all this ace talk here. I've been playing for just over 3 years and have yet to hit an ace. I've come close a few times and have even watched my disc bounce out of a basket (and that was at the NC meetup no less). the guys on here that have gone 20-30 years without an ace make me feel better but they also make me dread the possibility of my aceless future.

I don't want to speak for him (I will anyway), but I believe Steve Dodge played for about 20 years before recording his first basket ace.

I'm gonna polazarus this thread with all this ace talk here. I've been playing for just over 3 years and have yet to hit an ace. I've come close a few times and have even watched my disc bounce out of a basket (and that was at the NC meetup no less). the guys on here that have gone 20-30 years without an ace make me feel better but they also make me dread the possibility of my aceless future.

How many rounds in that 3 years? Cause I have only played 18 months and have 4 aces but I have played almost 600 rounds in that time! There are varying levels of addicition and quantity of rounds makes a big difference

600 rounds in 18 months? Jesus Christ on the Cross!!! do you have a job?

I don't think I've played 600 rounds and I think I would be divorced if I did play 600 rounds in 18 months. I had to take about 18 months off because I was traveling with work outside of the US.