• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Here for longest time playing without an ace

I WIN THIS THREAD. I've been playing for over 15 years casually, but consistantly. I attribute never having an ace to playing mostly at a course with a lot of length my whole life. I go to some of the other area courses at times, and see the 160-200 ft. holes and I can now see how people are getting aces.

While dahig went 18-19 years (see bottom of page 2), he now has an ace to his name, so I win.

I hope to score one while at Token Creek this weekend however....

I WIN THIS THREAD. I've been playing for over 15 years casually, but consistantly. I attribute never having an ace to playing mostly at a course with a lot of length my whole life. I go to some of the other area courses at times, and see the 160-200 ft. holes and I can now see how people are getting aces.

While dahig went 18-19 years (see bottom of page 2), he now has an ace to his name, so I win.

I hope to score one while at Token Creek this weekend however....

Ummm... the guy in the post before you said 30 years...

pwned.jpg

10 years, 10 months.

5/30/1998 - Hole 5 at Starr-Jaycee Park, 202ft. (Royal Oak, MI)

3/31/2009 - Hole 8 at Joralemon Park, 251ft. (Coeymans, NY)

AND 670 miles (566 thru Canada)between the two courses !!!!!

Last edited:
guess i may have mis-read the title of this thread........... i was thinking "longest time between aces"

yep... just pouring salt on wounds. I tried using this on my friends that were bitching that I had 2 aces before they even had 1. They could not have cared less that I had to wait almost 5 years between Aces.

Sympathy is just lost on some people... :rolleyes:

Did you fellas not see that our posts were like 4 min. apart? Don't be so quick to harp on people. Next time I'll type my post faster so I don't get pwned I guess.

Newbs.

Props goes to the guy that posted 4 min. before me. 30 years is a damn long time...

Last edited:
Update! I recently played at my home course Firefighter's Park in Troy, MI and.... Barely missed! I was playing a casual round and actually almost hit two. Maybe each was 1-2 ft away. A week ago I put my beast on a B line on a slightly downhill hole and missed by a foot. I'm getting closer...

Did you fellas not see that our posts were like 4 min. apart? Don't be so quick to harp on people. Next time I'll type my post faster so I don't get pwned I guess.

Newbs.

Props goes to the guy that posted 4 min. before me. 30 years is a damn long time...
I'll be as quick as I like to harp on people, sir! This is the internets!

9 years, no aces. Probably 10 shots that hit the cage but always in the wrong spot. I've witnessed 3 aces, one from a better player than me and two from a much worse player than me. I know it doesn't help that I'm a really conservative player but you'd think I'd have gotten lucky once by now.

Newbs.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I just saw your post after his and though it was funny. :)

uhh 17 years now, and uhh, still no ace, then again i started when i was 1 year old, so an ace wasent realstic for awhile

I think I'm close to 10 years and another season is slowly creeping to an end without an ace. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky in the Ace Race I'm playing in October!
I generally don't let it bother me, or even think about it....except for this one hole on my home course......#4 at Red Rocks taunts me everytime I play with how close I can get it without actually nailing it for an ace....

I guess we can all agree that an ACE is a lucky shot, and our luck sucks.

Definatly!

I "aced" my practice basket in the yard one time, probly a 250 foot throw, sometimes i would "try" to ace it sometimes i would just throw. I was just throwing all my discs and my DX valk hit it, i was happy, if only it was at the course:p

Latest posts