• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post your most recent plastic purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stopped into the local shop today and am really glad I did. Some guy had just dropped off about 2 bins of discs to fund his trip to SC this weekend for a tournament.

New CFR Glow Whippet-X
2 new Chalky as hell SS Magics with tourney stamps
Beat to piss Swirl APX
New 2009 Star Thrower Roc

Price was unbelievable. Woulda grabbed more but I am leaving for Chicago tomorrow and needed to save a bit.

No pics :( already packed my camera.

Visited Marshall Street today and met Hoey. He was a great help. Got a Pure for a buddy, a couple mystery discs for bikinjack, and a few Cores, Strikers, Wizards, a River and a Flow for myself. Long live paypal accounts!

Blue 172 Opto Flow because they were out of the Gold Lines. Does not matter, I was able to get more consistent flights out of the Opto versus my Gold Line in 10 head to head throws.

Also picked up a grey Proto X-Link Ascent. That now brings me to 2 Proto Firm Ascents, 1 Proto X-Link, and 2 production run X-Links.

Lucky SOB! That is a great disc. Take good care of it. If I find it in the woods, you ain't getting it back!!!;);)

I saw a few clear Opto Rivers at GGGT today. I was considering buying a nice baby blue Opto but ended up picking up a used proto Ascent instead. Last year I bought a matching set of a clear Striker, Riot, XXX, and Vision. Lost the Vision on its first ever throw. Spent way too much time looking for the Striker, purchased a blue one, and traded that Striker and Riot away. I still have the XXX but found the Trident was better for what I wanted it for.

They sure look pretty but I will never buy clear discs again.

I know someone who purchased a clear Crystal Z Nuke. That is a sexy looking disc but considering the distance he was getting with that thing, it is a good thing he only throws it when he knows he has at least four to five pairs of eyes spoting for him. Last time I saw him throw it was at Crown College (MN) where the grass is somewhere between ankle and knee high. He only found it instantly because his second shot with a normal Z Nuke landed right on top of it (talk about consistency).

I saw a few clear Opto Rivers at GGGT today. I was considering buying a nice baby blue Opto but ended up picking up a used proto Ascent instead. Last year I bought a matching set of a clear Striker, Riot, XXX, and Vision. Lost the Vision on its first ever throw. Spent way too much time looking for the Striker, purchased a blue one, and traded that Striker and Riot away. I still have the XXX but found the Trident was better for what I wanted it for.

They sure look pretty but I will never buy clear discs again.

I know someone who purchased a clear Crystal Z Nuke. That is a sexy looking disc but considering the distance he was getting with that thing, it is a good thing he only throws it when he knows he has at least four to five pairs of eyes spoting for him. Last time I saw him throw it was at Crown College (MN) where the grass is somewhere between ankle and knee high. He only found it instantly because his second shot with a normal Z Nuke landed right on top of it (talk about consistency).

They are pretty hard to find...if I end up losing them...ill prlly just start getting the goldline stuff.

My two newest purchases.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I was not expecting the black Ion to have a black stamp, but it's pretty damn cool when the light hits it and it the stamp suddenly becomes visible.

Attachments

• IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1591.JPG
    IMG_1591.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1592.JPG
    IMG_1592.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 190
I have two San Marino Cobras heading my way. The white stamp is 164g and the yellow is 167g.

cobrade.jpg

How much did these two discs cost me, you ask?

Well, I'll tell you that they didn't come cheap. Together they added up to just short of one of these bad boys.

1139111168f5ecfddae.jpg

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts