• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Potential new course development in Columbia, MO

VictorB

* Ace Member *
Hey everyone,

There's an online petition we need as many signatures as we can get for, in order to help our cause in convincing the city parks and rec department that a new course in Columbia, MO would be beneficial and a great investment.

Columbia has one of the oldest courses in the nation, installed in 1980, but we've only gotten 2 courses in the city in the last 32 years. A lot of the surrounding cities have put in at least one course since I've been playing, a couple of them have put in 2 since our last install in 2002 (Indian Hills)

We're desperately trying to get a championship level course here in town, out on the west side of town where there is no disc golf development. In fact, there really is very little room within the city limits to develop disc golf, even though Columbia prides itself on its vast parks and trails systems (if you ask the city, at least) We'd love to have a course like this to bring more premier players back to one of the older tournaments in the area, the Mid-America Open, which will be in it's 29th consecutive year this season. It would also be a great way to showcase our wonderful little town.

So, if you have a minute or two, please follow the link below and sign the petition. We're in need of 1000 signatures of anyone who loves disc golf and would like to see the game grow. P&R is watching this petition closely, and it will be an enormous help to our club and the game of disc golf in Missouri if we were able to get an additional course.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/636/...dga-disc-golf-course-at-strawn-road-property/

Note, this is not my personal project, but we do already have the backing of some city officials as well as the local PIAS, who are true supporters of the game in our area. Sign it, tweet it, share it, and help us do great things in Columbia!

Many thanks,
Brandon Victor

Signed

I drive through the area a couple of times a year and would really like to see some new courses put in!:clap:

I have fond memories of playing at Albert Oakland from my time at Mizzou. Reading the reviews about the lack of upkeep at that place kills me inside. I hope this works out. I know I'll be back at some point to check it out!

Latest posts