• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

These are nice S-Lines. I've been throwing two from DGC recently. Now I've got two more coming.

These are nice S-Lines. I've been throwing two from DGC recently. Now I've got two more coming.

Wish I could "like" this. More peeps need local stores to get things at retail price. Especially things like pd, which have so much variance. I almost bought them just to buy them.

And Koda finds more old stock star discs coming out from innova... My "star is dead" tinfoil hat conspiracy is starting to worry me more and more.

I don't think you have anything to worry about man.. I find great tb and all sorts of good discs, but I do find more transitional stuff, like star mixed with gstar, etc, now. All of the spd at thy are good ones right now IMO. and lots of good star stuff in general. There are had and good periods for all discs. Maybe it's the same with plastics.

It appears the only clown here, is you. :thmbdownΩ\

Yes that's me. A clown who doesn't mind throwing a F2 that has been over trimmed. I guess I should have called Innova when my totem teebirds didn't have perfectly trimmed edges. I'd have 20 extra!

The red, patent, new stamped S PD are primo. They fly -1 3 when new. I picked one up during the Memorial after losing a used shield spd that had worn into that role.

Yes that's me. A clown who doesn't mind throwing a F2 that has been over trimmed. I guess I should have called Innova when my totem teebirds didn't have perfectly trimmed edges. I'd have 20 extra!

The red, patent, new stamped S PD are primo. They fly -1 3 when new. I picked one up during the Memorial after losing a used shield spd that had worn into that role.

You never saw the disc but were all too quick to pass judgment. When I sent discmania a couple pictures, they were quick to apologize, admit that the disc shouldn't have passed their quality control check, and sent me a new one. In the intervening three days, I've ordered three more disks from them. Because they do things right. You on the other hand…

How come discmania can admit when they've made a mistake, and you're still trying to defend your position about their product? A product that you've never laid hands or eyes on?

Maybe we should all start letting inferior discs slide, and then none of us will have grounds to complain when we get a desk that isn't round. I don't expect anyone to let it slide when I make a mistake. I'm knocking to do that when other people do.

TLDR: discmania has awesome discs and awesome customer service.

Last edited:
Does anyone else worship shield stamps? I literally throw them on anything from 350-420' and really do not know where my game would be without them. I have two of them that are broken into laser beam straight. If they could make a warp speed driver with the exact same flight I would buy 10.

Everybody's figuring out which PDs have a higher % beef than your average fast food joint hamburger and I'm just over here really enjoying how variously seasoned P-PDs are way more consistent and cover the same lines as Valks and Sidewinders. I got everything in between a Firebird and Roadrunner covered with PDs.

Everybody's figuring out which PDs have a higher % beef than your average fast food joint hamburger and I'm just over here really enjoying how variously seasoned P-PDs are way more consistent and cover the same lines as Valks and Sidewinders. I got everything in between a Firebird and Roadrunner covered with PDs.

yeah I hate to admit it but I'm using my regular echostar and champ teebirds less and less with my one C-PD.

There are a lot of 260-280ft holes that I play that require a wider hyzer line or a little more oomph (so disc actually travels around 300-320ft or I'm throwing uphill so 270 throwing up a 70ft hill means it its probably 330ish of actual power). Normally its a teebird but I admit I'll just throw a powered down very controlled C-PD shot more often now.

If it requires a hyzer line or a shaped sexy S-curve then its the C-PD. I just have so much confidence in it especially if there's swirly wind. I've mentioned before I have sometimes muffed a shot and thrown too low, but the C-PD will often times at the halfway point skip, skip, then skiiiiiiiiiiiiip right into the circle.

I still use a seasoned Brinster Bird for tighter lines. I know the shot that requires a brinster bird instantly, but now I'd almost rather just throw a powered down control C-PD for the other teebird shots.

also after seeing Lizotte's in the bag (where he kicked out the firebird for a flat first run C-PD) I tried out this Pink board flat pearly very rigid C-PD that I actually gave up on and tried to sell at the marketplace.

I tried playing without the firebird and the Flat rigid C-PD was just fine. It was a little longer but I didn't have to torque my sidearms or hyzerbombs as much. The one problem is that I don't really know if I can replace this weird flat super rigid C-PD.

I have one of those patent # shield stamp S-PDs and was using the P-PD but put it away for the winter (because it was white) and I'm curious if those two will eventually kick out my teebirds completely.

Does anyone else worship shield stamps? I literally throw them on anything from 350-420' and really do not know where my game would be without them. I have two of them that are broken into laser beam straight. If they could make a warp speed driver with the exact same flight I would buy 10.

Me right here. I'm using my s-line shield stamps for any drive over 320ish feet. The combination of stability and glide is incredible. The PD brought my driving game to a new level and thankfully I was able to grab 10 this winter so I'm stocked up now! The PD rocks.

also after seeing Lizotte's in the bag (where he kicked out the firebird for a flat first run C-PD) I tried out this Pink board flat pearly very rigid C-PD that I actually gave up on and tried to sell at the marketplace.

I tried playing without the firebird and the Flat rigid C-PD was just fine. It was a little longer but I didn't have to torque my sidearms or hyzerbombs as much. The one problem is that I don't really know if I can replace this weird flat super rigid C-PD.

I have one of those patent # shield stamp S-PDs and was using the P-PD but put it away for the winter (because it was white) and I'm curious if those two will eventually kick out my teebirds completely.

That's the 3rd run and what I throw (until I run out, anyway). The 5th run flies very similar but is domey. I'm curious to try the new 6th run.

I love my shield stamps. I bought a dozen or more 5 years ago when I first tried the pd and that's all I throw now. One beat in that is the first spd I ever threw,one seasoned with mild turn but still fights out an d finishes left and one fresh. All shield stamps,and I cover a ton of shots with them. I've seasoned a few other back ups that I pull out ,I value seasoned spds more than freshys

I used to use the cfr pds for my longer fb but I've never replaced my fb with a cfr,not exactly the same beef or skip but pretty close if you want to go even further on being minimalistic. Ill still throw a cfr in the bag for some rounds and I still enjoy it.

I traded for one about a year ago and really didn't like it at first. It actually came out of the bag for a few months but one day I decided I would try it out again and I am so glad I did. I have 2 that are nice and seasoned and 2 other fresh ones. I also bought two from the store that were "early runs" that are a tad more stable that I throw in the bag when it is windy.

I'm finding that the more I get to know my PD's, the less I'm throwing my Teebirds. I used to carry 3 Teebirds and I'm down to one old trusty one now. Still throwing my Firebirds plenty though.

I will probably go to a bag setup where I go midranges, then a straight-to-understable speed 7ish driver, then PD's and Firebirds, then Destroyers. No reason to complicate things beyond that.

To close the loop on this whole sh!tshow (the DGCR sh!tshow, that is):

Got a box from Discmania today. Nice replacement PD for the wonky one that they'd sent last week was in there along with a stack of stickers, a patch, and a discount code for my next purchase. Although I'd have used it for the discs I've purchased in the last week, I'll be using it on eth many orders I'll be buying direct from them from now on. They're amazing customer service has earned them a loyal customer and vocal advocate.

They were quick to make sure I knew that they did not think the wonky disc they sent represented what they want to be putting out there. They're effort to make it right proves their commitment to providing quality products and services to their customers. Good on ya' Discmania Store.

I'm going to the discmania traveling circus on 4/6 here in Dallas. I've seen the words cool gear thrown around so I'm hoping they will be selling some sweet plastic and shirts. But watching Simon bomb will be fun either way. Def going to try to get a new beefy PD and have Simon sign it.