• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I love P Line PDs. Haven't thrown them in a while however. Between CD2 (and now I have an SCD2) and my P Line PD2s I do not need the turn or glide/distance I could get from PPDs. I do still recommend them a bit to lower power players or players looking for a mold minimal bag.

P line pd crush for sure. If they made them the same stability as an spd or cpd out of the box I'd still throw them.

Up until recently I've only seen and thrown the flat topped pPDs - which bomb for me in calm conditions for sure. How do the pPDs that have a dome fly comparatively?

Fixed. Thanks!

1st - flat, patent #s, most OS
2nd - domey, plus rim
3rd - pearly, stiff, very OS
4th - domey, non JL
5th - domey, stiff JL
6th - swirly, soft JL
7th - stiffer JL, small dome, very OS
8th - I believe these are closest to first runs in stability, JL?

We need to keep this on file. It gets asked maybe every other month (no worries though!)

skimming through this thread, I dont think this was answered - Does the above breakdown for C line PDs also apply to S line PDs. Im speaking to stability. If not, does anyone know of a breakdown between S line runs? Thanks!

S-Line runs weren't maintained like the C-Lines.

What I know:
  • FRs - serious beefcakes that season into perfection. Mild dome, amazing Champ-heavy blend
  • Shield stamps (2nd runs) - low PLH making them quite stable (not overstable) out of the box. They're still considerably more overstable than P-Lines, but they're like a sweet spot FR out of the box (but not really). Another Champ-heavy blend but not as good in my eyes.
  • After that it all blends together.

S-Line runs weren't maintained like the C-Lines.

What I know:
  • FRs - serious beefcakes that season into perfection. Mild dome, amazing Champ-heavy blend
  • Shield stamps (2nd runs) - low PLH making them quite stable (not overstable) out of the box. They're still considerably more overstable than P-Lines, but they're like a sweet spot FR out of the box (but not really). Another Champ-heavy blend but not as good in my eyes.
  • After that it all blends together.

Only thing I'd add of note was the blend of s lines that felt like a very nice blend of p line. No patent numbers and the run was from maybe 2-3 years ago. These weren't nearly as overstable to start with. These must have been 3 years ago because I had some of them for the 3 man with the Zeppelin esque stamp, and that was 2013.

I had a C line and a G line PD. Dont care for the G*/G line plastic in the warmer months and the C line was a bit too OS for my liking. I like the P line stability but I prefer S line durability. Having said that, my question is: is there a particular SPD I should be looking for? From the couple above posts, it seems I should probably get a SPD AND a PPD. Season a SPD while throwing the P line as well.

My swirly s lines won't beat in at all. I have one I have been throwing for a few months and it is still quite stable/os. It is just getting longer, I can't wait to see how it bombs in a couple months, currently it is hitting 400 and hyzering

Which run of pd was more glidey and domey / swirly? I need some backups. The plastic is a little softer blend of champ.

Give your S-line time. A lot of it. Or play a lot and very stoney courses.

Took me about 2 years of "normal play" (i.e. very average amount of rounds and not super rugged courses) to get there. Then after a year of that super flight I lost it. Luckily now I have one that is 1:1 its twin and I got it pre-beat somewhat.

I can't get over how great this run of S Line PDs is. I have a max wt pink one that I've been throwing for a few months now and it still won't even hint at turning but fades out later. I haven't been throwing my stable Destroyers nearly as much because of this disc. So much control and distance with no fear of accidentally turning it. It is absolutely my favorite disc right now.

I can't get over how great this run of S Line PDs is.
What stamp?

The last non-pat# S-Line I bought had some turn and less fade out of the box than I expected. It was a slightly swirly Freak stamp. I've not thrown any other S-Lines other than pat#'s and OG shield stamps, so maybe that's normal flight for those runs??

What stamp?

The last non-pat# S-Line I bought had some turn and less fade out of the box than I expected. It was a slightly swirly Freak stamp. I've not thrown any other S-Lines other than pat#'s and OG shield stamps, so maybe that's normal flight for those runs??

This one: https://store.discmania.net/index.php/s-line-pd.html

I know for sure the max wt white, pink and orange are the new run. If you are getting any turn out of yours it is not the new run. These are a little more stable than Pat #. Definitely the most stable S lines produced to date.

Latest posts