• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

The one on the right is commonly known as "test config" top. I think they ran one batch with that top. The early X-Mas stamps, and the innova factory store sold a bunch of them. The Factory store ones had the stock "freak" stamp with mini factory store. But there were a handful that made it out with just the stock stamp

They are more OS than a standard PD, and thats why they changed it to the current "anhyzer" top.

LOL!!!!! No wonder I always felt the S-PD was more stable than people claimed. It took me over 3yrs to beat my S-PD into a nice straight flight while still having a soft, dependable fade. Over those 3yrs I used it as my main thumber disc as well to help beat it in faster. it was finally at the beginning of this summer, that I noticed it was flying like what I "thought" a PD should fly like. I then became so nervous about losing it, since it took forever to season in to this stage of wear. This year I can finally get it out to just shy of 400' on a laser straight shot, finishing with a small dose of fade.

I just field tested the new swirly PD and actually noticed it was less stable out of the box than I remember new S-PD's being. But that's because all my previous S-PD's were the test configuration top. The new correct top has much more glide, and am happy they don't start out so overstable.

Thanks for the clarification fellas....

LOL!!!!! No wonder I always felt the S-PD was more stable than people claimed. It took me over 3yrs to beat my S-PD into a nice straight flight while still having a soft, dependable fade. Over those 3yrs I used it as my main thumber disc as well to help beat it in faster. it was finally at the beginning of this summer, that I noticed it was flying like what I "thought" a PD should fly like. I then became so nervous about losing it, since it took forever to season in to this stage of wear. This year I can finally get it out to just shy of 400' on a laser straight shot, finishing with a small dose of fade.

I just field tested the new swirly PD and actually noticed it was less stable out of the box than I remember new S-PD's being. But that's because all my previous S-PD's were the test configuration top. The new correct top has much more glide, and am happy they don't start out so overstable.

Thanks for the clarification fellas....

Swirly PDs are pretty awesome. They are a nice mix of what a PD should be. Not too OS, but nice and stable flight with good fade

Gggt has 13 patent number spd right now ranging from 167-175g. Every pd in the sleeve with the exception of two that are red. Blue, white, chartreuse, yellow.

Ok my C-PD is my longest flying disc but I'm trying to identify which run it is it has patent numbers but the rim has a weird feel to it compared to my S and P lines. It is not a plus rim and it seems to always have condensation on the underside every time that I throw it. I can flex it out to about 425 and I don't want to take a chance of not being able to find another one so I want one that would fly similarly if not the same with a little beating in to do if nesseccary. It seems as though the mold pieces were a little bit off so it created an indentation in the rim which is why I almost always FH it. My Star Tern and one of my JK Aviars have the same issue so I'm wondering what caused it.

Boy I can't believe I've been missing out on the true flight of the S-PD for the last 4yrs! When I bought my first S-line PD 4yrs ago, I immediately ordered a few more to have for back-ups. Then about a month ago I saw the sweet new Swirly S-PD's on the Discmania store so I had to have one. Once it arrived, I quickly noticed there was a big difference on the nose of the Swirly compared to my older S-lines. Earlier I posted a pic in this thread comparing the nose of my old PD's vs the new swirly. Turns out my older S-PD's have the test configuration top.

The new Swirly PD flies so much better for me, having way more glide resulting in much easier distance. Yet it still has great HSS so it fights the wind really well. It still has a strong reliable fade, but it starts much later in it's flight. My older test config topped S-PD's are way more stable, it took me nearly 4yrs to beat one into a straight "teebird" type flight lol.

Find yourself a flat and gummy p-line.

I've got multiple P-line's, but at my power level it doesn't take very long for them to become too understable. With that being said, I still keep a beat up P-line in the bag for turnovers that I need to go further than my FD shots.

I suppose I haven't thrown my pd stack in a long while. If you're pushing 400+ like me it probably gets plenty of flip lol. Just throw it higher! Lol

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

I suppose I haven't thrown my pd stack in a long while. If you're pushing 400+ like me it probably gets plenty of flip lol. Just throw it higher! Lol

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Oh I love throwing my beat up P-PD's, use my bagged one all the time on my local course. Started on a hyzer, it will flip up and over and ride a nice right turn all the way to the ground. That particular PD I can get over 400ft of distance with on a nice hyzer flip. I've had a couple 450ft tosses with that disc with a little tailwind help :clap:

I love all of my PD's. Such a great versatile mold with different plastic options. They cover everything for overstable to flippy shots, all with one mold.

I knew I couldn't hold off for long - beat up, pearly 3rd run PD is back in the bag. Mmmmm.... so good!

I knew I couldn't hold off for long - beat up, pearly 3rd run PD is back in the bag. Mmmmm.... so good!

I tried quitting the 3rd runs!

.... with 8th run C-PD, Sexton Firebirds, Star Firebirds and nothing took. Hell I ended up finding some more 3rd runs (and paying collector prices for them) and fully committing to them by stocking up with backups. because I know this disc inside and out. The plastic is so durable and it takes so long to season.

Hell I tried to quit PD's in general in a harebrained attempt to "simplify" my # of bagged molds.

It was a boneheaded move to try to drop firebirds (FAF Champ ones) last year, and it was just as boneheaded of a move to try to drop PD's this year...

The plastic is so durable and it takes so long to season.
Yeah, that run of Champ plastic is virtually wear-proof. I have a nice little stack of 3rd runs and at this rate it'll be a couple of lifetimes before I even need to start looking for more. :p

2nd run FDs are that same run of pearly, super stiff, and super durable Champ. Wish they could find a way to bring it back!

Yeah, that run of Champ plastic is virtually wear-proof. I have a nice little stack of 3rd runs and at this rate it'll be a couple of lifetimes before I even need to start looking for more. :p

2nd run FDs are that same run of pearly, super stiff, and super durable Champ. Wish they could find a way to bring it back!

Yeah, as long as you don't lose them!!! :p

I have somehow gotten lucky a few times. I bought a field-tested 2nd run FD for $7 and 2 field tested 3rd runs for $15 total. I thought I was just getting production run discs both times

I'm also curious on how to identify the 3rd runs as I have a few C-line's that I've bought through the years and may have one myself without even knowing.

Latest posts