• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Thunderbird is very similar to OLF/PD. Eagle not so much.

This doesn't make sense, as the OLF and eagle have very similar flight paths but different power requirements.

OLF has more turn. PD has the most HSS. Thunderbird is in the middle. IMO.

Ok, thanks. PDs too good to not use. Sounds like the Thunderbird actually is the longer teebird?

Last edited:
This doesn't make sense, as the OLF and eagle have very similar flight paths but different power requirements.

Ok, thanks. PDs too good to not use. Sounds like the Thunderbird actually is the longer teebird?

/shrug all I'm saying is when I threw the Thunderbird it was closer to an OLF/PD than it was to the Eagle in flight. I understand all 3 discs have different flight patterns but I wouldn't go as far as saying the Thunderbird flies like an Eagle.

But the current 1.4 qolfs (and the one 1.4 solf I've thrown) have zero turn out of the box. <_<

I'm not a cannon...but I can throw over 400' consistently and I can't turn them. They fly farther than a pd for me on almost the same line.

But the current 1.4 qolfs (and the one 1.4 solf I've thrown) have zero turn out of the box. <_<

I'm not a cannon...but I can throw over 400' consistently and I can't turn them. They fly farther than a pd for me on almost the same line.

But you just got them...

In my experience, PDs lose fade long before they start developing any appreciable turn. In my experience, the opposite is true of OLFs -- they develop turn pretty quickly while they retain a good bit of LSF.

For me, the CH thunderbirds were not as HSS as i was anticipating when I threw it. It may actually pair with an OLF/PD pretty well. The thunderbirds I threw were like seasoned PDs, there was a fair amount of turn in headwinds and flat throws, but a resistance to turning too far and not coming back. I would compare the thunderbird maybe to a CD2 more so than a PD.

Keep in mind though, my experience with thunderbirds is limited to like ~20ish throws

I may have gotten a freak when I picked up my aqua thunderbird but in my experience with it thus far it is equally as HSS as my s line PDs ever were. The major thing I see difference wise is the LSS. The PD often finishes with a hyzer sometimes resulting in a skip whereas the thunderbird is notably straighter. The other thing I have noticed is the amount of turn if a throw does result in loss of HSS. If I turn my s line PDs over they tend to ride that line to the end of their flight. When I have gotten my aqua thunderbird to turn it starts to fight out of it more quickly it seems.

Just coming in here to post about the blue S-PD that I've had for at least 4 years that was firebird-stable out of the box and is still a beautiful, stable driver, zero turn with a clean throw, bit of turn in a headwind, strong, but not overstable finish. What a great disc. Have never thrown another PD that I've come close to liking as much.

Just coming in here to post about the blue S-PD that I've had for at least 4 years that was firebird-stable out of the box and is still a beautiful, stable driver, zero turn with a clean throw, bit of turn in a headwind, strong, but not overstable finish. What a great disc. Have never thrown another PD that I've come close to liking as much.

Prototype S-Line PD will be what you are looking for.

Prototype S-Line PD will be what you are looking for.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if mine had the "anhyzer" top, or if it came out right after (I remember trying to figure this out at the time, but not being able to). Were any of the non-prototype runs supposed to be really overstable? I guess it doesn't really matter, if the prototype is what I'd be looking for to replace it.

Is the top half of the wing rounded or flat? The Anhyzer top is very easily recognized. If you can't figure it out, post a decent profile pic, and you'll get a definitive answer. Also, does your blue have patent numbers?

There have been several runs of PDs that were quite beefy. The FRs especially. You can also pretty much expect a lot of overstability from the patent tooled runs (except the shield stamps).

I knew there were profile pics in this thread. The left is an Anhyzer top. The right's a Test Config. Now that you see them side by side, it's hard to mistake one for the other.

INKw30ll.jpg

Is this latest version of s line PDs, what are the flight variations with these runs?

picture.php

I am in love with P line PDs. I just started throwing the P lines and man these things bomb. I also just scored a patent # S line while browsing the crates at DGC. There are some hidden treasures in those boxes.

Latest posts