• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I want to buy more, but this thread has gotten me so scared to order from somewhere and then end up with a +rim PD. I have been waiting to see some in person so I can feel them up before buying.

i got two 3rd run pd's from the innova proshp.. neither have +rims and both have identical PLH

I want to buy more, but this thread has gotten me so scared to order from somewhere and then end up with a +rim PD. I have been waiting to see some in person so I can feel them up before buying.

They're $11 in the proshop. The description even says current run and non-plus rim. Buy ten for $89 shipped.

yeah they are F2's

Bingo. The one I lost last winter at Greenbrier in WV was amazing. I spent almost an hour looking for it with no luck (only one I bought). So glad they put up more of these. They're like my sweet spot First Run S-Lines. I bought 10 this time.

I threw some in the cart after reading New's post about them, but never pulled the trigger. I throw the money Shield Stamped S-Lines, but I need some fresher, more overstable ones(All of mine are at least two years old), and I need ones to throw for high risk shots, so I don't have to worry about losing my Shield Stamps.

I threw some in the cart after reading New's post about them, but never pulled the trigger. I throw the money Shield Stamped S-Lines, but I need some fresher, more overstable ones(All of mine are at least two years old), and I need ones to throw for high risk shots, so I don't have to worry about losing my Shield Stamps.

I am not a huge fan of the shield stamps (despite having several). Nowhere near beefy enough. They're nice when new, but they turn too much for me when they season. These C-Lines should complement them fairly well. They'll stay like new a long time too. They won't be anywhere near as beefy as the original CFRs though if that's what you're wanting.

Screw the jolly launcher candy, I'll take the pearly 3rd run plastic any day! It's nice to see a production pearly blend that isn't board stiff. I found a nice 175g at PIAS a couple weeks ago and haven't looked back since. I lost a money Orc a while back and this has taken it's place. The shots that I've thrown on the course with it have been nothing but amazing. Definitely sold on the PDs...

was it a pearly blue? I almost snagged it but held off. I have a few 170 blue pearlies sitting in my stash.

i know i asked this question before and i did receive an answer . . .

but my patent # S-PD does have a different inner rim than others, which looked MUCH more vertical and feel much better in my hand... i checked today. -___- i'd stopped using it because i feel like i don't get a good rip off my index finger. kinda sucks. i'll probably buy another one, but yeah.

IMG_20130816_205648_537_zps0442b35e.jpg

thoughts? is this a + rim or am i whining too much? regardless, it doesn't feel right when i throw. :(

was it a pearly blue? I almost snagged it but held off. I have a few 170 blue pearlies sitting in my stash.

Yup, sky blue. Snagged it from the bottom of a random pile at the Fairview PIAS. They had a bunch of others, but they all looked like 2nd run + molds. You wouldn't be willing to part with one of those blues, would you? Been looking for a backup for the one I've got...

i will. the rim looks and feels different than the other PDs i was fondling today, as well as my other drivers.

i understand i already got an answer and i believe i thanked whoever provided the information.

If it were a plus rim, the top part of the inner rim in your picture would be as slanted and exposed as the bottom is. The first plus rim PDs were the First Run C-Lines, and they did not have patent number tooling.

I've been throwing them since they were released and have some that have more slant than others. I also have some First Run C-PDs, and there's a definite difference between them.

I just recently went back to throwing PD's. Man these puppies are never leaving my bag again.I throw a C-Line,P-Line and a S-Line. I was doing so much experimenting this season that these didn't get thrown as much.

Now they will be staying in my bag until I have to get fresh ones and have to start all over again. :hfive:

If it were a plus rim, the top part of the inner rim in your picture would be as slanted and exposed as the bottom is. The first plus rim PDs were the First Run C-Lines, and they did not have patent number tooling.

I've been throwing them since they were released and have some that have more slant than others. I also have some First Run C-PDs, and there's a definite difference between them.

i believe you, and i'm not just trying to be a noob or start an argument by insisting that my PD doesn't seem to match up with the descriptors given in this thread or argue against the established knowledge gathered by people in this thread - you guys have been throwing way longer than me - that knowledge is the only reason i'm asking the question, otherwise i wouldn't have known to ask or look at the rim/PLH on discs when i buy them. :)

i went and bought the other patent numbered PD i saw at the store (hid it in the back of the stack when i bought the first one just in case, mwahaha) and it truly is different.

i don't dispute that there were no + mold runs for patent numbered S-PD, but it does indeed appear that somehow mine got screwed up.

lesson learned: feel your disc more than i did before you buy it. for reference...

New PD: Higher PLH, rim feels better in the hand.

IMG_20130817_153056_377_zps57214d63.jpg

Freak PD: Lower PLH, rim feels wonky in the hand.

IMG_20130817_152958_126_zps889caa52.jpg

:\

thanks for the info, everybody - either way, glad to be on board with the PD!

First pic looks like the non-plus mold, second looks like a + rim. The rim will always look like it has a bit of slant looking downwards at it, it's an optical illusion. Like an aerial photo of skyscrapers, they look like they lean outwards from the center focal point.

Latest posts