• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

scooped up these new non plus pearly bad boys . i cant wait to throw one,the feel sweet. stiff,mild dome and grippy.

20120806_123101.jpg

3rd runs are not available at all retailers. lots of old stock is still trying to get moved out so if you order,you might want to call or check for yourself.

This disc is STILL a staple in my bag since it came out. I have it in all three plastics and it has served me well. I just got the rest of things shipped to me from Alaska and I was going through my crap ton of discs and found 4 first run S-PDs, them my favorite.

hopefully this run got down in fairly light weights. i'm digging my pearly merlot f2s...bought some at max weight to use as a forehand/overhand/roller utility disc and it's breaking in to be one of my favorite backhand drivers now. the s line f2s in the upper 160s i got a while back were nice and gummy, but brand new they had a bit of high speed turn. i'm pretty sure the old s line they replaced was a test config...the plastic was stiff as a board and it was a lot more overstable until it was severely beaten in. i'd love to see some of this new c line run down in the low 160s or even 150 class.

I found a red pearly plus mold at marshal street the other day. Was the only pearly on the shelves. Is this the same run as green above or older?

8047343c.jpg

6148760c.jpg

Fly's very stable out of the box even 168. Have been carrying this instead of a firebird.

thats from the second batch (or first production batch). my factory seconds look just like those but have a normal rim.

i originally wanted bright pink but they didnt have any :( so i settled for "neon yellow" amd got these. im actually happy i have these slime green :) i used to have md2s in this green and it was a sweet color

yeah i took a chance on a listing and actually got a pearly nonplus one off feebay the other day in the slime green, threw it twice maybe and traded it to gillia IN ROUND, haha.

there is a merlot one on there right now that I msg'd the guy about to see if it's nonplus, looks like the new ones from the pic.

if you find BLUE I want it! I have ZJ's old one and it's killer.

if you got one of those greens with a purple stamp i'd love a shot at that.

So what's the rundown on the last run without me reading the whole thread. A mix of plus and non plus? Anything else consistent?

So what's the rundown on the last run without me reading the whole thread. A mix of plus and non plus? Anything else consistent?

I was at two retailers today (Air Traffic and another small disc shop) and they both had the new run of non-plus pearlies. I think the colors I saw were merlot, orange, yellow, and that neon green color in weights from 168-175. There was a little dome variation in them but they all looked and felt pretty nice. I thought about buying one but none of the colors caught my eye.

I noticed there were also TD's in this pearly plastic, and also the latest Discraft shipment had a buttload of pearlies in it too (Preds, Buzzzes, and Nukes most notably).

i've seen the pearly + rimmed c tds but haven't been overly impressed. i like the s tds but think a worn in p pd will do the job just fine. i've got some red p lines coming in the next day or 2 from dgc, can't wait to toss them.