• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Turnover PD

Hey guys, in an effort to simplify the bag, I want to cycle PD's as my distance drivers (I only throw 300-330', so nothing faster is very necessary). I am curious if the S-line PD's break into turnover drivers, or if they simply beat to straight. I know the P-line is supposed to be pretty good for turnovers after it's hit a few trees, but I love the grip of my S-line (Star/ESP/Gold Line are my favorite plastics). Just wondering if anyone has this going on! If the S-line won't cut it for the understable shots, then the P-line is fine!

Hey guys, in an effort to simplify the bag, I want to cycle PD's as my distance drivers (I only throw 300-330', so nothing faster is very necessary). I am curious if the S-line PD's break into turnover drivers, or if they simply beat to straight. I know the P-line is supposed to be pretty good for turnovers after it's hit a few trees, but I love the grip of my S-line (Star/ESP/Gold Line are my favorite plastics). Just wondering if anyone has this going on! If the S-line won't cut it for the understable shots, then the P-line is fine!

S-Line will eventually break in to be a turnover disc, but it will take at least a year, probably more. That's what it took with me throwing it nearly every day. A really good option is to get one of the P-Lines that have the gummier feel more like star, they break in much much faster and will be what you are looking for.
My bag is 2 S lines (one freshish and one super beat) and one P line that is the turnover disc, whereas the super beat S line still just likes to be hyzerflipped a bit.

S-Line will eventually break in to be a turnover disc, but it will take at least a year, probably more. That's what it took with me throwing it nearly every day. A really good option is to get one of the P-Lines that have the gummier feel more like star, they break in much much faster and will be what you are looking for.
My bag is 2 S lines (one freshish and one super beat) and one P line that is the turnover disc, whereas the super beat S line still just likes to be hyzerflipped a bit.

Just the answer I was looking for! The P-line I have is very heavy and stiff. Wasn't aware they made gummier ones. Definitely something I'll look into. Thanks man :)

Just the answer I was looking for! The P-line I have is very heavy and stiff. Wasn't aware they made gummier ones. Definitely something I'll look into. Thanks man :)

I could be wrong, but I believe the gummy P-lines were an earlier run of P-PDs. They are getting harder to find which is why I snag one up every time I come across one.
I'm testing a S-TD right now to see if it could fill that spot. Recently picked up a CFR one from Dehass's FST and its a nice gummy run, time will tell if I like better than the P-PD.

P-line PDs can be like normal pro, board stiff like no other pro, and super gummy like no other pro plastic I've seen.

awwwwww yissssss.

went to GGGT today and felt up some discs.

walked out with a white SUPER tacky/gummy feeling S-line, 167 grams. checked the back; there's the patent number. and then stamp is silver so it's gonna wipe and dye like a champ. ;) there was a max weight one as well, but the PL on that thing was MONSTER high compared to this one.

score?

can't wait to throw it - this is my first distance driver for my bag rebuild - now that i'm throwing my mids and fairways a straight for a decent distance, hopefully this will throw nicely.

Ive had a handful of 167-169 s pds with very high plh. Theyre awesome, somewhere between a pred and FB, very os.

Are the s pd's mostly all stamped with the freak image from the baseline plastic? I ask this because I love that stamp, and want it on premium plastic.

well, i certainly do like it. just perfect for lined shots in tunnels.

the rim feels weird, though. is it possible for s-line pd with patent numbers to have plus rims? i kept releasing left and right; it was really starting to piss me off.

Well I wa hoping to throw a two 3rd run c-line PDs today, but the innova proshop only sent me one 3rd run (pearly) and a domey pop top c-line pd (not pearly) from probably the second run. I think I'll be calling innova about a replacement..

The 3rd run flew pretty well on a bout 15-20 practice throws. Was easier to get more distance out of it than my f2 or shock. 400 with the pd, while the f2 and shock were more around 380-385 in a lighter left to right wind. Other than being a little longer, it seemed pretty similar to my shock and f2. Hard to say which I like the most, but I am going to put the pd in my bag for a few rounds or so and see how it does. I do like that its a bit longer though.

Last edited:
Just called them and they said it was from the same box.. so that means not all of the 3rd runs are pearly. I suppose it also means that not all 3rd runs are closer to flat because the 175 3rd pd I have is NOT pearly and has some dome to it. Planning to try it out tomorrow and see how it compares to my pearly flatter 3rd run 172 pd.

Nothing significant to add other than I wanted to be the 1000th post in this thread. Nothing to see here, move along. :clap: