• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Whats the deal with the early run s-pds I have that have a different top? Looks like a vulcan type top only smaller obviously. I know they are pretty early runs because I grabbed them when the pd was pretty new, haven't seen any since then.

There is a couple of those at my local PIAS. I saw the stamp and was like "whoohoo!". Then I saw the top and was like "WTF?!?" It looks like an eagle X

An eagle x huh? Never seen an eagle with the described top.
The top described is from the Trex.

If you take the time to read through this thread, you will discover that the "smaller vulcan top" you are talking about is the prototype PD mold.... more overstable too

If you take the time to read through this thread, you will discover that the "smaller vulcan top" you are talking about is the prototype PD mold.... more overstable too

Has it been mentioned if it was ever stamped with the new shield stamp? I saw one at play it again with the new shield stamp and patent numbers that was not a pd.

Has it been mentioned if it was ever stamped with the new shield stamp? I saw one at play it again with the new shield stamp and patent numbers that was not a pd.

I've seen them with the new stamp at my local pias. I had ordered freak stamped pds from Clearwater a couple of years ago that were test configs too.

After experimenting with high speed drivers yet again I am back with my PD's and Beasts again.

Oh how I missed this wonderful disc. :D

lost my seasoned up PPD. x( hole number 8 at the valley, went over the tree on the left off the tee for the big turnover/anny route. was super excited, big boom shot . . . annnnnnnd it never pulled out of it. wound up in the drink somewhere.

picked up a new one with a little more dome than i'm used to seeing on a PD and i'm already in love again. has more glide, incredibly straight, very far. nailed some trees with it too. flies great.

Our local retailer ordered a ton of CFR stamped discs recently including a bunch of c-line PDs. Most were 5th run but I was surprised to find some 1st runs in the mix! I scooped them all up. Merlot, flat, patent tooling, max weight.

3bKQ3Wh.png

Looking forward to trying the PD again..just ordered a couple 4th run x outs. Not a huge fan of the feel of the thunderbird

Got some of the brand new run of c pds shipping out tomorrow with tournament stamps. From what I've been told not quite cfr flat but flatter than third runs and beefy, not quite cfr beefy.

Needless to say I'm pretty stoked

So I guess this is what 440' with a C-line PD looks like. I can't believe how easily he gets it to hyzer flip to turnover, they are beef to me.

Honestly once you can get some good distance out of PDs they become a deadly slight turn max D driver. I have two s lines that fly exactly like the one Simon threw in the video. If I need to throw 400-430' with a tight line or with a finish to the left I will throw my PDs over my destroyers every single time.

The dark red 171 3rd-run CPD in my bag is fairly beefy, but I bought a light blue backup and it's way less stable. It's about the same as my slightly-worn S-line, which I was complaining about being too understable a few weeks ago. I've done a lot more field work and I'm really liking it again. Just needs a little more hyzer than when it was fresh, and it's a super straight flyer.

My S-line flies a lot like Simon's throw in that video, at about 380' distance for me. I can't imagine getting it out to 440'.

Honestly once you can get some good distance out of PDs they become a deadly slight turn max D driver. I have two s lines that fly exactly like the one Simon threw in the video. If I need to throw 400-430' with a tight line or with a finish to the left I will throw my PDs over my destroyers every single time.

Yeah I believe that. I can get a tight line out of a Destroyer for 400-425' and I know if I had the power to throw PD there it would be even straighter. But I can't. Yet.

How far do you throw your Destroyers too, for reference?

@BuzzzChief sounds like your backup is a 4th run (non-JL). I have a couple of those and compared to my other C-PDs they're much less stable. Don't really like them since they seem to have a little less glide than either the G- or P-lines which have similar flights.

****.. 4th run isnt jolly? wish i would have noticed that before ordering

Picked up a new 175g S-PD from PIAS the other week, and it was just the distance driver I was looking for. Flies great, and is the right speed for me. Very comfortable to grip and has cut down on my case of the right shanks with drivers.

I liked this one so much I just grabbed 2 up from the marketplace on here (thanks again jmdaire27!) and they are both even better! Both these are 168g, with one being just a touch seasoned, and the other more broken in on the verge of being a great turnover driver for me.

I couldn't be happier. Highly reccomended disc for others that max teebirds 275-300' with accuracy. These are going 300-325' for me with controllable accuracy. That is the key really, a little more distance I can accurately throw. Most accurate distance disc I have tried yet.

Latest posts