• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

No, some player commentators really do a good job, there's a learning curve.

I still would prefer a commentator who doesn't tell us how "they" would handle the shot. I'd like a pro to be available for insight once in a while, but I think a non player commentator would work better overall. Still... Uli, Nate S are very good. But I certainly agree the Doss's need to stop competing for who can say the most words. I still think it's due to being so far away from the event, no one else is there, it's quiet, etc, so they are over compensating and making "noise" to fill in the silence around them.

I still would prefer a commentator who doesn't tell us how "they" would handle the shot. I'd like a pro to be available for insight once in a while, but I think a non player commentator would work better overall. Still... Uli, Nate S are very good. But I certainly agree the Doss's need to stop competing for who can say the most words. I still think it's due to being so far away from the event, no one else is there, it's quiet, etc, so they are over compensating and making "noise" to fill in the silence around them.

Oh yes, I hate the, "I would have played it thus," thing too! Gawd, tell us how it can be played sure, but I don't want to know about how you played it or would play it. I like the options thing that you get. I think I first saw that with CCDG, they would do the routes. Ah Ian, setting trends.

Runs for about 10 sec for me then starts to buffer? Usually when I have that happen I can change my definition and I can make it run but It doesn't seem to make any difference.:wall:

Runs for about 10 sec for me then starts to buffer? Usually when I have that happen I can change my definition and I can make it run but It doesn't seem to make any difference.:wall:

It's like having an addiction, the guy loading up the hypodermic, and then holding it just out of your reach. Choose your addiction of choice.

like Nate would say.... WOW! i just looked at the Jonesboro radar and i would really be surprised if the MPO lead card plays for very long. Supercell activity moving towards them and it looks nasty....

I think we're done for the day... 1 hole played. ah man..does that mean they may have to play 8 more tomorrow to make it official and then another 18?

like Nate would say.... WOW! i just looked at the Jonesboro radar and i would really be surprised if the MPO lead card plays for very long. Supercell activity moving towards them and it looks nasty....

On mine the whole state is red or orange. Holy weather Batman.

There is a clock counting down on my feed. Around 19min right now...

It just changed. It did say Weather Delay with the clock under it. Now it says Canceled Day but the clock is still there...

Last edited:
I think we're done for the day... 1 hole played. ah man..does that mean they may have to play 8 more tomorrow to make it official and then another 18?
One way to do it might be MPO starts first tomorrow completing the round from where they ended today. Then, the women play just 9 and MPO plays 9. Depending on the forecast, they could even consider 50% field cuts for those final 9s. Regardless, MPO should start from where they stopped today to complete R2.

Last edited:
From the udisc page...

⚡️ROUND 2 POSTPONED⚡

Current plan is that MPO will finish round 2 tomorrow starting at 7:30am local time, shotgun start, then play round 3 after.
FPO is unaffected.

Stay tuned for updates.

Jonesboro Open Update

3:42 PM: Weather delay due to lightning.
3:57 PM: Round delayed until tomorrow morning.

Sunday Plan
7:30 AM: FPO Tees off as normal, all other cards start on the holes that they finished on.
9:36 AM: MPO Tee Times start as normal for their third rounds.

Jonesboro Open Update

3:42 PM: Weather delay due to lightning.
3:57 PM: Round delayed until tomorrow morning.

Sunday Plan
7:30 AM: FPO Tees off as normal, all other cards start on the holes that they finished on.
9:36 AM: MPO Tee Times start as normal for their third rounds.

So does live coverage follow FPO round 3, or MPO round 2?

I assume that also affects post produced video.

SmashCutt?? BullSpitcutt I say. A SmashCutt used to mean out as fast as possible, just cut down to when stuff happens. Now they play it in fast forward? Have hole info? Have commentary (which is painfully unbalanced volume-wise)?

You cant have your cake (try and make it a product, emphasis on TRY) and eat it too (have it out ASAP, hence the notion of pulling the footage from the "live").

No, wait, you can! Starts with a J and ends with omez.

Latest posts