• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

You know..the Dodge/DGPT circus just doesn't fail to keep you thinking... "wtf is truly going on here?". Even the Smashboxx group has lowered the bar on themselves by putting out one of the truly worse disc golf videos I have seen in a long time, as far as production goes. Uli and Feldy on commentary sounds like a great combo, at least for technical insight, but due to horrible audio production Uli is barely audible and Feldy is literally talking in your ear. Sure by flipping on "normalize audio" in your sound settings it can help, but then someone made the wacky decision to show all of the player footage in fast motion. I just can't believe anyone would intentionally think this is a good idea, so I'm hoping...it was a glitch that just slipped by during final render/upload, etc. I could only watch 2 holes and then I just felt stupid. Smashboxx has been around too long, and they are usually associated with a professional product, I certainly expect more quality control from these guys.

I agree, this is one of the worst discgolf video i have seen. . .i usually can get trough very low quality amateur discgolf videos . . .but THIS, i gave up after 1 hole. .

You know..the Dodge/DGPT circus just doesn't fail to keep you thinking... "wtf is truly going on here?". Even the Smashboxx group has lowered the bar on themselves by putting out one of the truly worse disc golf videos I have seen in a long time, as far as production goes. Uli and Feldy on commentary sounds like a great combo, at least for technical insight, but due to horrible audio production Uli is barely audible and Feldy is literally talking in your ear. Sure by flipping on "normalize audio" in your sound settings it can help, but then someone made the wacky decision to show all of the player footage in fast motion. I just can't believe anyone would intentionally think this is a good idea, so I'm hoping...it was a glitch that just slipped by during final render/upload, etc.

from reddit:

"I think that was a glitch with the recording software that I used. Today I used something different and it didn't appear that way to me. We are also going to upload a new version of this with better audio. But for now I wanted to make sure that we had it out there for everybody."

from reddit:

"I think that was a glitch with the recording software that I used. Today I used something different and it didn't appear that way to me. We are also going to upload a new version of this with better audio. But for now I wanted to make sure that we had it out there for everybody."

Still sounds like the standard Dodge philosophy of put something out regardless of quality and try to fix it later. Sorry to see Smashboxx going down this route. I expect better (quality control) from these guys.

I still would prefer a commentator who doesn't tell us how "they" would handle the shot. I'd like a pro to be available for insight once in a while, but I think a non player commentator would work better overall.....

I really enjoy hearing from a player-commentator how else the hole can be played. Sure if it gets too personal/ego-based (not saying that Nate was) and strays into 'I would have played that better' then that's no good. But I love the expert insight we get from player-commentators, it opens up the game for me.

I have a saying when it comes to my work;

Fast/Cheap/Correct - pick 2, and only 2.

It seems that this year DGPT has cast their vote and gone with Cheap and Fast, and most of what they are putting out isn't correct (ie quality standard)

No live for MPO R2? . .live start with FPO R3 and then MPO R3?

Wouldn't surprise me if they somehow flip between the 2, but I would guess the main focus would be on the FPO final round during the morning.

No live for MPO R2? . .live start with FPO R3 and then MPO R3?

I think that is because round 2 got rained out, and filiming round 2 this morning in addition to round 3 later today would be way too hard on the cameramen and crew. That'd be over 12 hours filiming if they use the same crew for MPO &FPO.

SmashCutt?? BullSpitcutt I say. A SmashCutt used to mean out as fast as possible, just cut down to when stuff happens. Now they play it in fast forward? Have hole info? Have commentary (which is painfully unbalanced volume-wise)?

I was trying to figure out if there was something wrong with my Youtube settings. Guess not.

See, if they had a chat room, I could tell them there's no volume right now, for like the third or forth time since yesterday. How hard is it to turn up the sound?

Okay, that one was me.

I think that is because round 2 got rained out, and filiming round 2 this morning in addition to round 3 later today would be way too hard on the cameramen and crew. That'd be over 12 hours filiming if they use the same crew for MPO &FPO.

It is only one crew for live and the FPO leaders are only going to be 8-9 holes behind the MPO leaders. Can't cover both at the same time. Better they cover R3 so we can see champions crowned. Hopefully there's a camera on the MPO leaders so there can be some edited coverage to come out later.

Don't know if it is me, but stream keeps buffering constantly.

UDisc has OB for Henna on second, but it didnt look like that based on the stream.

The cameramen really are bad.

Golfer walks up fairway, golfer stops near Porta-pot, cameraman films player standing there.

yes Val, we're interested in seeing where the disc went, too. Too bad the cameraperson didn't understand that we want to see where the disc goes...

You know..the Dodge/DGPT circus just doesn't fail to keep you thinking... "wtf is truly going on here?". Even the Smashboxx group has lowered the bar on themselves by putting out one of the truly worse disc golf videos I have seen in a long time, as far as production goes. Uli and Feldy on commentary sounds like a great combo, at least for technical insight, but due to horrible audio production Uli is barely audible and Feldy is literally talking in your ear. Sure by flipping on "normalize audio" in your sound settings it can help, but then someone made the wacky decision to show all of the player footage in fast motion. I just can't believe anyone would intentionally think this is a good idea, so I'm hoping...it was a glitch that just slipped by during final render/upload, etc. I could only watch 2 holes and then I just felt stupid. Smashboxx has been around too long, and they are usually associated with a professional product, I certainly expect more quality control from these guys.

I couldn't make it four minutes into that fast forwarded crap. I can deal with the audio - but disc golf at double speed looks like garbage.

1 issue I have right now with the DGN app on the roku is that I can't (that I can tell) change the video quality. Every few minutes the feed goes from 720 to maybe 480/360 and I have to restart the stream to get it to go back to 720. Deal-able but really annoying.

Latest posts