• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour: Silver Cup Coverage Announcement

DGPT

Par Member

Silver Cup XVI Pro Tour coverage starts at 9 PM EST (8 PM CST, 7 PM MST, 6 PM PST). Yes, 9 PM EST.

Live coverage link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrLXokvLb3E

The cell signal strength at Silver Creek Park, where rounds 1 & 2 take place, is too weak for a reliable live stream and rather than lose more hair wrestling with another weak broadcast, we will be doing an edited live show.

Terry Miller will be joined by touring pros from the lead cards who will narrate their way through Round 2. Complete with stats, analytics, and live commentary, we will have everything you've come to expect from a live broadcast along with a good consistent signal.

We hope you enjoy the show and share the news.

Is this the case for the whole tournament or just tomorrow?

Based on the way that everything's been specifically worded to only mention Round 2 and the Silver Creek course, I think it's just for tomorrow.

Expect live coverage on Saturday and Sunday from Rolling Ridge.

What are the dates? Is it this weekend? Too often with coverage announcements the time is stated but not the date. I like watching DG but I don't really keep up with the exact dates of events.

I like the idea of a live show, with edited footage.

Add to that commentary from a few of the players, could be a great model moving forward.

Also can't wait to see footage of the top players taking on Rolling Ridge.

I haven't been able to find any live scoring. Ulibarri called Silver Creek a "deuce or die course". I am curious to see how low the scores are.

There is a small discussion on Reddit about this tournament too.

One of the guys from UDisc was answering some questions about quirks in the live scoring. Another user asked this follow up question:

No McBeth, Doss, Rico and Gibson?

This was his reply (Emphasis mine):

Paul was a no-show. The other three are playing but unfortunately due to some bad weather yesterday during recruitment there weren't enough scorekeepers this morning to handle all 36 cards with the shotgun start. We'll load in the hole scores for them after the round and hopefully have them covered for the afternoon.

Did McBeth really no show?!? Does anyone have the story on this?

Did McBeth really no show?!? Does anyone have the story on this?

Steve Hill reported a bit it in his piece:

http://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2016/...ing-lyme-looking-play-strong-enough-stay-mix/

While one of this weekend's courses may sport shades of Maple Hill, the roster of players at the event will be vastly different, as the Silver Cup is missing some star power. In the Open Men's field, Paul McBeth, Nate Sexton, and Philo Brathwaite are all otherwise indisposed in the United States, while Jeremy Koling and Will Schusterick are overseas in anticipation of the Estonian Open and European Masters. They're joined there by Open Women's powerhouse Catrina Allen, while the SmashboxxTV podcast reported earlier this week that Paige Pierce is also sitting this one out.

Thanks for the bump. I wouldn't characterize McBeth as a no-show, per se. He told me he wasn't going last week when I talked to him after the Vibram for another article: http://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2016/06/30/mcbeth-vibram-struggles-best-ive-felt-long-time/

You guys really need to make Ultiworld Disc Golf daily reading, then you wouldn't miss out on this stuff. ;) :D

Is there live coverage today? Tomorrow? What time? I must say I am very disappointed with the lack of information on the DGPT webpage. Maybe more polished than ADGT, but just about as useful.

Is there live coverage today? Tomorrow? What time? I must say I am very disappointed with the lack of information on the DGPT webpage. Maybe more polished than ADGT, but just about as useful.

The YouTube link says it will go live at 3 Eastern when you log on. I agree there has been little info about what is going on today. I think there would have already been a announcement if they were not gonna go live today. They probably have a better signal today.

Trying to follow scoring on UDisc has been frustrating. After knocking it out of the park at the Vibram, the scoring is disappointing so far at the Silver Cup. I know, I know, cut them some slack as they're just getting started, but when they did such a good job two weeks ago they set our expectations very high. And obviously, Steve Dodge was much better prepared with volunteers to collect scores for the groups.

Rooting for them to get some of the bugs worked out.