• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour: Silver Cup Coverage Announcement

Smashboxx is doing the live coverage today and tomorrow, and yes the cell signal is suppose to be good so hopefully the live coverage and live scoring will both be stellar!

For being a Pro Tour event, there sure hasn't been much chatter about it. MJ is on the lead card and Chuck is solidly in 3rd with a good chance to move up. Good luck to both today and tomorrow, the weather should be ideal.

Yeah, I thought there would have been more talk about this event.

Especially being in Wisconsin and playing Rolling Ridge.

AM World's seems to have taken some of the limelight.

Yeah, I thought there would have been more talk about this event.

Especially being in Wisconsin and playing Rolling Ridge.

AM World's seems to have taken some of the limelight.

Very true, would have been great to get up there to watch live but I have other commitments this weekend.

Smashboxx is doing the live coverage today and tomorrow, and yes the cell signal is suppose to be good so hopefully the live coverage and live scoring will both be stellar!

For being a Pro Tour event, there sure hasn't been much chatter about it. MJ is on the lead card and Chuck is solidly in 3rd with a good chance to move up. Good luck to both today and tomorrow, the weather should be ideal.

I think part of this is self-inflicted on the Pro Tour's part. They really need to employ social media better. The other half of that is that some of the fan favorites aren't there, so that brings down the buzz, too.

I think part of this is self-inflicted on the Pro Tour's part. They really need to employ social media better. The other half of that is that some of the fan favorites aren't there, so that brings down the buzz, too.

It's probably good Paul and Will took this weekend off anyway, they both clearly need more practice. ;) And with all the other top talent bottlenecked, they probably wouldn't have been in the finals anyway. :p

Hey Halcon, good to see you're still alive :p

Yep! Alive and watching some good disc golf. What a beautiful course.

And it's Hermosillo, pronounced Air-moe-see-yo. NOT Her-moe-sill-o.

Sorry, pet peeve when I hear butchered Spanish.

Yep! Alive and watching some good disc golf. What a beautiful course.

And it's Hermosillo, pronounced Air-moe-see-yo. NOT Her-moe-sill-o.

Sorry, pet peeve when I hear butchered Spanish.

At least he isn't calling him Allen Herm!

I think it also speaks to the level of visibility that comes with being a PDGA NT versus being a PDGA A-tier. The PDGA's focus, rightly so, is on their biggest events. They send staff to the NTs and Majors, but not A-tiers no matter what the additional connections or "tours" involved. The difference shows. It would appear the DGPT folks need to step up even further to make that up.

I think it also speaks to the level of visibility that comes with being a PDGA NT versus being a PDGA A-tier. The PDGA's focus, rightly so, is on their biggest events. They send staff to the NTs and Majors, but not A-tiers no matter what the additional connections or "tours" involved. The difference shows. It would appear the DGPT folks need to step up even further to make that up.

Agreed. The views yesterday were at about 400 before PDGA put out the link to help out. Even then, it only got up to about 750. Think live disc golf on a summer Saturday is a hard sell.

Is there live coverage today? Tomorrow? What time? I must say I am very disappointed with the lack of information on the DGPT webpage. Maybe more polished than ADGT, but just about as useful.

Smashbox is the same way. Hell i linked their podcasts here for months. DG lacks social media and useful websites. Retailers get it (some....) but the rest are pretty meh.

Smashbox is the same way. Hell i linked their podcasts here for months. DG lacks social media and useful websites. Retailers get it (some....) but the rest are pretty meh.

World Tour CRUSHES social media. Can't go on Facebook or Twitter during any of their events without knowing it's on. They're the model to follow. DD is legit too.

That is why I never bothered to post the links. You had it under control, and I gave you shout outs on the broadcast for it. Then we moved to the consistent live link, and didn't really need it.

I do think the PT can improve their social media presence. I posted on Smashboxx before each round. But people also need to sub to the PT YouTube page. That will help them get notified when live.

That is why I never bothered to post the links. You had it under control, and I gave you shout outs on the broadcast for it. Then we moved to the consistent live link, and didn't really need it.

I do think the PT can improve their social media presence. I posted on Smashboxx before each round. But people also need to sub to the PT YouTube page. That will help them get notified when live.

So much this. I also think they should just have Smashboxx air it. I get why Pro Tour wants their own channel, but look at any other mainstream sport. Until the last few years with advent of league-owned networks, all events were broadcast on an outisde network. Smashboxx is that network and already has built-in viewers.

Fwiw I thought the coverage was great.(considering beforehand I thought there was no way the stream would be consistent considering the location of rolling ridge). It was fun to watch people struggle on that course. I've also always considered rolling ridge a very lefty friendly course and it was nice to see al do so well out there.

I like to make trips up to rolling ridge, and definitely appreciate all the hard work that has been done on that course over the years, but some of those trees have got to go. 6 or 7 of those holes IMO really test the argument of luck vs skill.

Ok... time for us to face the music. I felt that the broadcast went very well technology wise. We see what we are able to do with ample cell phone coverage.

Where can we improve? What do you want to see more of? (Don't say more cards... we are working on that). What did you like, and what didn't you like.