• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Worlds is ramping up...

JHern

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
This week, we painted 2011 Pro Worlds on the 1288' fairway of hole 11 at Pinto Lake. And a Keen logo, too. Today we went up in a helicopter to photograph it...

DSC_0593_1200.jpg

cool

wish I where going. Im a little bummed I only got one round in @ dela. I really would have liked to play it at least a couple of times, so I had a little time to formulate hole plans

that section of the course is really bad. pinto is a great, technical course otherwise.

Jesse B 707 said:
Pinto: cant make a good hole? make a long one instead

I wonder if we are seeing the actual "out of bounds" line with the difference in terrain.

Are there certain landmarks or strategic spots (apart from the occassional helicopter ride) that make the painted sign visible? How often do planes and other air traffic converse over pinto to see this temporary icon?

Frank Delicious said:
veganray said:
I am quite amused that is doesn't say "disc golf" anywhere. Pretty shrewd marketing, per usual for this game of ours.

This is a good point.

*PDGA Apologist quotes*

Not a long enough fairway...

Would have cost more than was budgeted...

PDGA was not involved, it was done by volunteers...

etc, etc

What didn't you see the small text that somebody has sharpied to the grass? I only had to use 8000x zoom to see it :p

veganray said:
I am quite amused that is doesn't say "disc golf" anywhere. Pretty shrewd marketing, per usual for this game of ours.

Wait, WORLDS isn't an acronym for "We Only Really Launch Discs, See?"

i have watched enough ancient astronaut shows to know what's going on here. these primitive keen people are trying to communicate with "space gods" so they will return for some sort of festival the keen people are having. i do have to say this is money better spent than the crane rented for filming 09 worlds. there was also a news clip about this posted somewhere. maybe it was on dgcr.

Just saw on Facebook that Climo is out of Worlds with an arm injury. No 13X discs this year!

Apothecary said:
climo cant hang with all the young talent out there anyway. :p

He is The Champ, but I would probably tend to agree with you. So who does everyone want to see win? Who do you think might pull it out this year?

inthedrift said:
Apothecary said:
climo cant hang with all the young talent out there anyway. :p

He is The Champ, but I would probably tend to agree with you. So who does everyone want to see win? Who do you think might pull it out this year?
It's hard to say. Nate and Avery are in their backyard. Uli's been really hot though amongst others who are always a threat. It should be a good race for sure. It would be a great win for someone like Barsby, Rico, or Orum (who all could certainly win in this location) to add their resume too.

I think it's gotta be Nate's to lose. Him and Dave by far been the most consistent players on tour this year. My darkhorse is Paul McBeth he tore it up at the BSF, and has been playing pretty sell since then.