• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter Driving Grip

anrew18

Par Member
I drive with my opto Pure all the time. I was curious where the pinch point is for others. (or where it should be), I currently fan grip but with index and thumb pinching on the rim.

I usually see grip topics on driver grips through the flight plate, which I do and it feel natural. Does it matter with putters? I can putt my Pure out around 250 on flat ground. (possibly longer)

Whatever is most comfortable and consistent for you. The end.

(Fwiw, I use a modified fan grip on my opto pures and they'll go 300' plus.)

3 finger power grip, just like any other disc. On approaches under 150', I'll fan grip.

4 finger relaxed power grip, where my fingers are slightly fanned...just starting. Kinda feels like control and power for the deeper putters.

I make a minor adjustment and stack my pinky with my ring finger (I 3-finger drivers and mids). Other than that, it's basically identical to the way I grip drivers. I move my thumb further from the center of the disc, but just to get the same feeling of the rim vs thumb pressure.

Thanks, I was hopping to get the response 'what ever feels comfortable' lol. I can't power grip putters. that's a shank every time!

MJ fan grips everything. Several pros switch from power to fan grip on putters. It is whatever feels comfortable.

HOWEVER, whatever grip you're using, it should work on both drivers and putters, even if you don't prefer to use it for both.

I drive with my opto Pure all the time. I was curious where the pinch point is for others. (or where it should be), I currently fan grip but with index and thumb pinching on the rim.

I usually see grip topics on driver grips through the flight plate, which I do and it feel natural. Does it matter with putters? I can putt my Pure out around 250 on flat ground. (possibly longer)

Same power grip as my drivers. Grip it and rip it baby!

I fan grip everything like MJ. The thumb and index finger should pinch between the flight plate, not the rim.

If you can't power grip a putter there is likely something fundamentally wrong with your grip pressures or you have really odd hands. I'd advise to start with a 2 finger grip like Robbie's and then modify that.

Thanks, I was hopping to get the response 'what ever feels comfortable' lol. I can't power grip putters. that's a shank every time!

Same for me until I started focusing most of the pressure on my index finger and thumb. The rest of my fingers are moderately loose. I would often grip lock with my pinkie/ring finger until I loosened them up quite a bit. I can hit low/tight lines much better now with a power grip than with a fan grip.