• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quest Defender, is it Legal for use?

nevets4433

Par Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Hi guys. I'm really new to the game, and have picked up a hodgepodge of discs from friends to get started. I have figured out that my Quest Turbo Putt is illegal already, even though it says approved on the bottom of the disc. But my question is that I have a Quest Defender as well.

Is my Quest Defender a legal disc, or do i need to be getting rid of it too?

Thanks.

ok. Thanks for the help.

Guess its back to the drawing board. I think stores should be more clearly marking discs that are not approved for use if they are going to continue to sell them.

Wow, who knew.
I have one, but was never able to control it. Now I find out it was not legal?
No big loss, actually.

I would look for a lightweight, beat RoadRunner as a suitable replacement.

Wow, who knew.
I have one, but was never able to control it. Now I find out it was not legal?
No big loss, actually.

Yeah. I actually hate the disc. I have no idea where it is going when i throw it, but I am really new to the game and have pretty poor control, so I have been using it on holes where I'm afraid of losing discs and don't want to lose one of my "good" ones.

Hi guys. I'm really new to the game, and have picked up a hodgepodge of discs from friends to get started. I have figured out that my Quest Turbo Putt is illegal already, even though it says approved on the bottom of the disc. But my question is that I have a Quest Defender as well.

Is my Quest Defender a legal disc, or do i need to be getting rid of it too?

Thanks.
Unless you're planning on playing in PDGA sanctioned events, you don't need to be worrying about the "legality" of your discs. I mean, its not like there are disc gestapo battalions going about raiding people's bags, confiscating them, and sentencing their owners to 40 lashes or anything.

Unless you're planning on playing in PDGA sanctioned events, you don't need to be worrying about the "legality" of your discs. I mean, its not like there are disc gestapo battalions going about raiding people's bags, confiscating them, and sentencing their owners to 40 lashes or anything.

you're 100% right. I'm very far from any type of tournament form right now, that is for sure! I guess i'm just more frustrated than anything.

...I mean, its not like there are disc gestapo battalions going about raiding people's bags, confiscating them, and sentencing their owners to 40 lashes or anything.

DAMNIT SCARP! You just took all the fun out of the game!

you're 100% right. I'm very far from any type of tournament form right now, that is for sure! I guess i'm just more frustrated than anything.

Then you are already a master, Grasscutter, as any pro has voiced that the problem lies not with the archer, but with the arrow. ;)

i have used the defender in sanc. tourneys for 2 years now it tho i havent played this year thats news to me that it has became banned also flip it over and throw it as a thumber it will flip twice and go straight as hell its amazing i keep two of them in my bag at all times and only use it for that reason but it is well worth the space!! plus i have 3 thumber aces with that disc

Latest posts