• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

R.I.P. Discs?

onemilemore

* Ace Member *
Sorry if there is already a thread for this...did a search and found goose egg.

I was perusing the Marshall Street flight chart and came across this company:

http://ripdiscgolf.com/

Anyone know anything about them? Their putters look MVP-like. Interesting...

A friend of mine picked up the Relic and it's actually not awful. It flies ok. Hate the feel of it though and the plastic is terrible.

A friend of mine picked up the Relic and it's actually not awful. It flies ok. Hate the feel of it though and the plastic is terrible.

So does it feel like a cheap Ion or something?

The Web site is in dire need of copy editing. I just read "This is a overmold disc." A, not an.

I am a grammar snob, sorry.

Interesting that they are overmolding, though. I'll be curious to see how patent issues play out with this one.

I remember when they first came out they ran a great deal on a pair of discs.
Some one said it reminded them of a Wizard on 'roids.

I really do not want to criticize anybody who takes the time to create a new disc offering, I really like having alternatives to Innova and Discraft, so I will always risk a couple bucks on a new upstart disc company.
I bought one of each of the RIP putters when they first came out, they are quite unique, I sold them both on Ebay at a discount soon thereafter. Someone may like them, but they are different in many ways, I remember thinking they might be more useful for upshots than putting. Deep rimmed discs.

No prob, welcome.

Quest, a company known to try out of the box ideas like, dimple technology, overmolding, and illegal discs like the wheel and turbo putter.

I believe they mold rip's discs.

So does it feel like a cheap Ion or something?

The Web site is in dire need of copy editing. I just read "This is a overmold disc." A, not an.

I am a grammar snob, sorry.

Interesting that they are overmolding, though. I'll be curious to see how patent issues play out with this one.

The Relic actually felt nothing like an Ion. The relic is deep rimmed, no curve on the rim, and the middle plastic (flight plate) is just awful. It feels like normal plastic. Like the stiff, breakable kind.

My buddy has a graboide. He either doesn't know how to throw it right, or it's nothing like MVP's overmold system.

The dude that owns the company works really hard improving the product. There are currently soft top versions out now for both the Relic and the Graboide. He sponsors a few players, and gives away discs to Facebook followers every month. The guy is a player just like the rest of us, except he started up a company designing and making discs.

The guy who owns rip discs lives in my town and is a cool guy. The discs on the other hand are not all that great. Well for me and alot of people I know. They can be prone to breakage if thrown really hard into trees and such if driven with them. They also have the glide of a rock. They just kinda fall out of the sky. Super stable too.