• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] RDG Fossil Lizards

Will this next run have that grippy texture that the scales have?

I hope so.
I've told him that I want this run to be a bit more gritty but you never know how a batch will run until it starts flowing.

I will say that despite the proto batch not being overly "tacky" out of the box, I'm funding that they are seasoning just like Fossil should. Mine is getting a little more velvety feel, remaining very rigid and resisting warp from some hard hits.

Anyone looking for that old school KC feel on their Wizards are going to really love Fossil :clap:

I believe it will be this week. But it is Gateway sooooo I cannot be confident in timelines :|

Nooooooo! I'm going to be out of the country for 2 weeks starting next week. Definitely not looking forward to having to wait for another run to try these out again. Just placed my first order from RDG last night. Can't wait to try the Scale and Serpent out!

Oh my goodness... Fossil Blazes, Sabres, and Apaches..

I honestly never even thought of non-putter gateway molds in Fossil. But now that I have, I must have them!

Full run of Fossil Wizards are in the books!
Awaiting stamping this week and we should have them live and ready for your bag :)

Got my new fossils, fossil fuels, and fossil flexes in today. The fossils are very stiff, like the first run. The fossil fuels feel almost exactly the same as the fossils. Not as soft or grippy as the fossil fuel scales I have. It's really hard to tell the difference between the fossils. The fossil flex is a little bit softer than my fossil fuel scales, like a softer SSS but rubbery. Was hoping the fossil fuel lizards would turn out more like the grey scales I have. The fossil flex is a bit too soft for putting for me.

Got my new fossils, fossil fuels, and fossil flexes in today. The fossils are very stiff, like the first run. The fossil fuels feel almost exactly the same as the fossils. Not as soft or grippy as the fossil fuel scales I have. It's really hard to tell the difference between the fossils. The fossil flex is a little bit softer than my fossil fuel scales, like a softer SSS but rubbery. Was hoping the fossil fuel lizards would turn out more like the grey scales I have. The fossil flex is a bit too soft for putting for me.

I haven't seen mine yet but I know they came today. I'm a little disappointed that Fuels aren't like the grey fuel scales, that batch of scales is what got me interested in fuel in the first place

I have one Fossil on the way. I love the original Fossil Scales/Serps and I'm hoping this run of Lizards at least comes close to that former glory.

I have one Fossil on the way. I love the original Fossil Scales/Serps and I'm hoping this run of Lizards at least comes close to that former glory.
Oh it is. These are easily some of the best Wizards I've ever felt. I'm disappointed to hear Doug says these aren't as grippy as his FF Scales bc to me this is a much more "rich" plastic. There isn't anything IMO in the baseline realm that can compare.

Got my 3 Lizards in today, 2 max weight and 1 at 171 grams. The 171 is noticeably stiffer, but the heavier ones are not floppy by any means. Very nice feel and love blank white base plastic. Will report back once I get some throws in.

Putted for ~45 minutes and played a round today. These wizards are almost perfect for me, certainly the best I've putted with. They will be perfect for me once they beat in a bit and get that velvety texture.

Putted for ~45 minutes and played a round today. These wizards are almost perfect for me, certainly the best I've putted with. They will be perfect for me once they beat in a bit and get that velvety texture.

Oh and they will :thmbup:

These Wizards are the ones that with a little seasoning, will start making your friends question if you are lying when you say that was a putter drive. After knocking just a bit of new off of mine I am finding these to be THE Wiz that I have dreamed up. Tight tight tightly molded.

Makes me a little jealous because I don't throw wizards anymore. You should make some fossil novas ;)

I grabbed one of this latest run, and have a couple from the earlier run. How would you say they stack up against each other after some use?

I grabbed one of this latest run, and have a couple from the earlier run. How would you say they stack up against each other after some use?

Depends on the weight.

The sub 175s feel pretty much the same.

My 175 second runs are firm but don't quite have the rebound of the first runs. Still a lot better than current KC runs. The 175s will be sweet when it gets colder.

What about the tar pits James?

Latest posts