• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recommended Lefty Discs

Oh! I just found some left handed towels. Never use them. Wrong hand. Wanna buy them cheap?

...Looking for my box of left handed minis...

'Nuff for now.

I can throw a JLS about 150ft left handed and I'm not a lefty. Must have gotten ahold of a left-oriented disc. Can sell it to a desperate lefty CHEAP!!!

I throw both right and left handed. When I was throwing Innova I found that I could only throw stuff from their east coast factory with my right hand, and left handed I had to throw stuff from their west coast factory.

Recently I switched to Discraft and I found that I can throw their discs with either hand since they're from the midwest.

One of my brothers is left handed also. There are a couple of holes on our home course that are difficult for him because he's not familiar with the turnover shot yet. So, to echo what everyone else has said, have him learn different lines, and release angles. Or, like Keltic said, have him learn FH.

Just my two cents, but more often than not, I've found being left handed in disc golf offers more free passes than it does handicaps.

At least until you reach "that" hole.

Whether your a lefty or not, being able to throw both a turnover and a forehand are very useful based on the needed flight path. That said, I think a lefty utilizes these shot types more than a righty. My go-to turnover discs are Leopards, KC Rocs (beat up) and KC Aviars (beat up). For forehands I prefer overstable discs that I know will finish left like XCaliber, Firebirds, Drones and Zones.

Just my two cents, but more often than not, I've found being left handed in disc golf offers more free passes than it does handicaps.

At least until you reach "that" hole.

Free passes? Hardly.

There's no spike anhyzer to match most holes having an easy RH spike hyzer line. The only advantage lefties have is that we have to learn a lot more shots that righties don't because of course bias. It makes us a little more well-rounded faster.

For forehands I prefer overstable discs that I know will finish left like XCaliber, Firebirds, Drones and Zones.

You're missing some great lines limiting your FH disc selection. Flick some of those turnover discs. I love throwing my Flying Squirrel FH. It just glides right out of my hand, turns right, and just keeps going. One of my favorite touch shots to throw.

Last edited:
as a lefty, here are the discs that I would say make me a better golfer... not just the ones that flie like the righties throw...

Champion Stingray. Champion Coyote. Star Mako. Aero. Champion Leopard. Star TL. Champion Roadrunner.

These are the discs that really allowed me to compete on the same holes that the righties find less challenging. It may take a long time to get to the point where you can throw these the way a rightie throws a TeeBird, but when he can, he'll be a better well rounded player.

Learning the anhyzer, hyzer flip, and learning to stand a disc up to flat are the top three shots a lefty can learn... Well, other than a sidearm. I am not a master of the sidearm. I think it is a mechanics issue, not sure I'll ever get really good at them. They would help a lot.

Sidearm ... My local course (Huntington beach) is the 2nd course in the world and is righty dominant, my sidearm doesn't go super far yet but having it has lead to many many more birdies . Turnovers are great to know as well, but not as reliable as a good sidearm

For LHFH, I throw Star Orcs in weights near 160-162, though occasionally I'll throw a heavier S Wraith or max weight Teerex if its windy, or a Buzzz if its under 200'. For LHBH I throw whatever flies well for me, currently Wraith/Katana/Surge/Vulcan/Buzzz/River/Dart/Aviar.

Is everyone getting trolled again over left handed discs? didn't innova release something a few years back for left handed players on April 1st?

Latest posts