• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Regionally Thrown Discs

I'm the only guy that I know of up here in my local area that throws a Comet,and I play with quite a few different people. I also throw a Polecat,which up until a couple weeks ago when a buddy added one to his bag no one I know had one.That being said,the lack of Polecat love I can understand, but to ignore the Comet is a shame ,cause that disc is MONEY.

definately no favorite in cincy/nku. mixed bags are the norm i think. i'm probably a standout w/ discraft only bag...

I'm an hour from Innova East and for YEARS this area was 95% Innova. In the last year or so Discraft has really made a big impact around our area. My bag really has not changed much, I'm still about 80-85% Innova, but a lot of guys I play with on average have on average 50-70% discraft now.
As far as one disc that stands out, I'd say there are still more blowflies in the bags around here, than there would be in other areas. I still love it when I go play somewhere else, and someone sees mine and says "WTF is that?...or Is that Legal?? and then after watching it go say "Where can I get one?"...LOL

We have a really diverse and established DG community here. You'll see every brand and mold that's ever been made out there at any time. Especially now that Derby City Discs has opened.

There is however one disc that is coveted by "those who know" in this town. It's an oddity in the DG world and isn't in regular production. It's the 200gr. DX Condor. It's one of the best "get out of trouble rollers out there". With a large diameter and extra heavy weight, its like a giant wheel that will roll over things that other discs won't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5joRhBOjDM

We have a really diverse and established DG community here. You'll see every brand and mold that's ever been made out there at any time. Especially now that Derby City Discs has opened.

There is however one disc that is coveted by "those who know" in this town. It's an oddity in the DG world and isn't in regular production. It's the 200gr. DX Condor. It's one of the best "get out of trouble rollers out there". With a large diameter and extra heavy weight, its like a giant wheel that will roll over things that other discs won't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5joRhBOjDM

I saw half of a broken condor on a course in Louisville this winter. I wanted to cry.

We have many established players that have used nothing but XDs for putting for decades. I don't think too many of the newer players use them, but there's a good chance you see tons of XDs at our tournaments.

I'm seeing an increase in the number of Ions around.

Lots of Firebirds, lots of Stalkers and a whole hell of a lot of Bosses. Katanas are almost non-existent around here now. I have one, but that's all I know of. They used to be everywhere.

I'm one of only a handful that has a Buzzz, but considering I can whip that thing out there and land it among drivers, I've converted a few people to the concept of driving with a midrange.

Wizards, Magics, and Voodoos. Understandable though since it is St. Louis

This ^^^ since I am close to St. Louis. Other then that its a mixed bag for most. I came from an all Innova area in TN so I am not normal out here.

Discraft is the rare thing here. One smoke shops sells Discraft, other than the club you have academy or the biggest selection in town at a shop that specializes in bow hunting/fishing called the outhouse....
Pretty good soze club with some serious golfers though so I see alot of variety on drives. Mainly still high speed drivers, little fairway...

I was one of the first clowns throwing latitude in the area, now they are pretty popular and not so uncommon so now I wow people with my jokeri.

My bag has innova, discraft, latitude, gateway, and prodiscus in it.

lot of teebirds, I would say 90% of the people I randomly meet up with in tourneys or leagues carry one.

also a lot more innova than discraft. Being a Buzzz lover, Ive asked a couple people why?

answer 1:
"Discraft discs just aren't as consistent as Innova"
which, I've always heard the exact opposite.

answer 2:
"F Michigan, I'm not buying anything from that place."
answer 2 becomes a little more understandable when you take into consideration that I live in Ohio. :thmbup: