• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf Serpent: Stable P&A

How are the Serpents in various plastics wearing in?

My proto Fossil has gotten pretty banged up and now is just a $ straight to chains putter.

Off the tee my beat up Serp will turn right gently on a flat release. I am able to release it 10-15 ft. to the left of my target RHBH and it will drift to my destination.

My Eraser proto that we did for the very first batch seems to have an increased LSS. I can throw it with a touch of hyzer and it will flip up, track right a bit and then come back reliably.

Last edited:
Damn, that's service. Ordered Wednesday afternoon and tracking says its out for delivery. Just in time for our weekly league tomorrow too.

haha, I saw this and was like "wait...did I write that?" I TOO ordered on Wednesday and just saw that it's out for delivery.

i am SO excited to get the Serpent. I've already changed my bag set up. It's so $, haha I'm sure it will be the disc I'm searching for.

ps: I hope RDG keeps the shallow thumbtrack thing going, because I really like that. I also really like the Discraft Pulse, which has a similar thing going on.
I wasn't a BIG fan of the banger GT, almost too much depression of the track,
the Scale has it perfect, I imagine the serp will be the same. Cannot wait to throw it tomorrow!!!
Thanks for the great service/shipping.

If this disc didn't arrive TODAY I wouldn't be able to throw a round with it until April 11th.....yeah.......Cuz I can only play Saturday tomorrow, and then I work all week and leave out of town all weekend and then I'd have to wait through another week of work.....yeah....sad.....so THANKS
Im gonna get my Serp on!

My proto Fossil has gotten pretty banged up and now is just a $ straight to chains putter.

Off the tee my beat up Serp will turn right gently on a flat release. I am able to release it 10-15 ft. to the left of my target RHBH and it will drift to my destination.

My Eraser proto that we did for the very first batch seems to have an increased LSS. I can throw it with a touch of hyzer and it will flip up, track right a bit and then come back reliably.

Awesome. :) Looking for that R-L drift when worn in for sure.

I have a suspicion that the Serpent isn't going to be very understable even if worn in, and I am counting on that, I'd like a dependable straight tank of a putt/approach disc. I use a Pa3 in glo for that slot, but a slower version in fossil is gonna rule

I have a suspicion that the Serpent isn't going to be very understable even if worn in, and I am counting on that, I'd like a dependable straight tank of a putt/approach disc. I use a Pa3 in glo for that slot, but a slower version in fossil is gonna rule

You'd be correct.

I believe our top prevents things from being truly understable until they are beyond beat. My most beat Serp still drifts instead of a hard turn.

And the First Run Fossil Serps have the best feeling Fossil plastic that we've run yet.

Can't wait to get home from work to find my package, its like Christmas, every disc I order!

I also will be back here to give a solid review. Totally nerding out, thanks RDG!

Came home to a beautiful 175g rainbow stamped Serpent waiting for me. Feels great in the hand and after a couple throws in the back yard it seemed promising. Real test will be tomorrow at leagues.

Not as understable as I was expecting, which is a good thing. Felt like a 0 HSS and 0.5 LSS.

Came home to a beautiful 175g rainbow stamped Serpent waiting for me. Feels great in the hand and after a couple throws in the back yard it seemed promising. Real test will be tomorrow at leagues.

Not as understable as I was expecting, which is a good thing. Felt like a 0 HSS and 0.5 LSS.

Ditto. I will post my video review.

Same here, the real test is playing outside tomorrow, good conditions 12 mph winds, 45 and sunny. So.....lets see.:popcorn:

Video review of Serpent PART 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puq_Dh8Nl-0&feature=youtu.be

This is not a full review, but more initial impressions....being....I like it...a lot.

PROS
Comfortable
Straight
Fossil plastic
thumbtrak (mini)

Cons
Not a lot of these in production
Cuz I will want more.....there really aren't any cons I can think of.

*****I will give a more proper review later on after more field work*****

Last edited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puq_Dh8Nl-0&feature=youtu.be

This is not a full review, but more initial impressions....being....I like it...a lot.

PROS
Comfortable
Straight
Fossil plastic
thumbtrak (mini)

Cons
Not a lot of these in production
Cuz I will want more.....there really aren't any cons I can think of.

*****I will give a more proper review later on after more field work*****

Nice Video! Glad to see the Serpent getting some love. It will always be overshadowed by the Scale, but it is one heck of a disc as well.

After thoroughly scouring through flight ratings and comparable discs, I'm going to agree with you on the flight numbers as well. It is surely not a speed 3 PnA if that matters to anyone. Its a slow, lumbering flight that hardly deviates from its line.

The Scale/Serp couldn't have come out as a better 1-2 punch for our first molds and I know that any putter fiends that love to throw slow discs off the tee will find success with both of these discs.

I got out to play a full round today. Though i didn't shoot the best, the Serpent was flying as predicted. Once I was more confident in it , Delivering a straight approach was very comfortable. I ended up hitting basket on a long blind up hill shot, putt well, and upshots went solid. I did mess a few up, but that was all me and not the disc. It was moderatly windy today and it held up great, it could be turned over a lil bit and would flatten out to finish flat. Stability similar to a Pa2. Or Challenger as I kinda predicted. But Slow Hover Glide, then Sits safely. Great approach disc, and fine putter too. Crashes chains when it hits, and Sticks! Cool all around disc, great for control and slow straight flight.

I give it an : A :thmbup::thmbup: as it is a unique disc that shines on its own. It is the type of disc I've been wanting. Trusty, you can give power, still holds straight, small hyzer finish, holds a long hyzer well, Comes to a stop when you need it to.:clap::clap:

I got in a full round with the serpent yesterday and it was way too windy to give it a fair assessment. I did enjoy it for the shots I did throw it on, but it didn't immediately stand out as something special like the scale did.

Its gonna stay in the bag so I can work with it some more.

Got a few more rounds in with the serpent and sorry to say its not gonna make the bag. Its a solid disc but it doesn't offer me anything more than my beat wizards do. I'd rather focus on a wizard cycle with the scale as a OS compliment.

I putt a bit more with the Serpent. I don't ever want to mess with the idea of taking out my Pa3.....but if I did, I would be confident as hell putting with the Serpent.

It seemed the disc had great balance in the air off a moderate spin/push putt....just holds straight and if it hits any chains, just crashed and sat like a brick.

I'm loving this disc for throws 80 and in and its still trusty in the breeze (i wouldn't say heavy wind, but it holds up good)

I have 2 chalky fossil serpents at 174 and 175g . I can't wait to get these worn in. I'm sure the grip gets better with time.

. Sweet discs

The Serpent will always play second fiddle to the Scale but I can say for sure that the Serpent is pretty unique vs. most discs in its class.

It features a pretty understable putter bottom but a very OS putter top.
In combo. they fly pretty straight but doesn't really possess a lot of glide. These are a pitch/spush putter's dream. Little glide but not a ton of hook to be found. Straight to the chains.

Used an rff serpent today and I think I found a new inside the circle putter. This thing is just so straight. I was on the fence about til about hole 13 when i made a 50'+ jump putt that just went dead straight the whole flight. Just feels right in my hands too.

A nice, light pink Fossil Sepent arrived in my mailbox today (along with a Fossil Scale...so far I'm up to 8 Scales) and it feels great. I have a buddy visiting in mid-May who normally putts with Magics. I'm going to see if the Serpent will tickle his fancy and lead him to a permenent switch. We'll be filming two course reviews while he's here (Sakuna Pines and Fountain Creek, our new course) so look for some Serpent action in some upcoming Hucking Aces vids!

Im grabbing my girlfriend a fossil serp on my next order from RDG. She loves the feel of my scales but can't handle how deep and OS they are. If SOMEBODY would just hurry up and throw those JG stamps up id be happy to spend some money

Latest posts