• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

We FINALLY have a new run of Scales! (And Serpents for that matter)

DaveMac and I have been jiving lately and he cooked up a really cool proto plastic blend for us that is very similar to $$$ plastic.

These Scales molded up really tight, low shouldered and are nicely beefy.

Probably a bad time to launch these with Ricky Putters just dropping but I'd argue the Scale is superior than any DD due to it being Gateway baseline.

Check these out once we get them posted as they are PERFECT compliments to the Wizard.

Those look really nice...

But I need more scales like I need another hole in my head...

Any thoughts for a Hemp-line in RDG?

very similar to $$$ plastic.
picture.php

A Scale has worked its way back into the bag because it's my upshot security blanket. This is perfect timing to pickup a backup that isn't sandy colored!

Please tell me there are some Fossil Wizzies on the way

I'm trying to get DaveMac to create a new recipe for Fossil.

Long (but very technologically interesting) story short... Dave bought some new injection molding machines recently and they require different shot speed, shot temp, etc to manipulate the desired characteristics of the disc being produced.

Many of the baseline discs coming out from Gateway right now have a smooth, velvety surface like these new Scales/Serps. The white ones in this batch was a partial attempt to build towards Fossil and its not nearly gritty enough IMO to fit that plastic description.

So with that said, we will eventually figure out how to run Fossil on the new molder... But it may be a bit. Which is OK IMO bc this new stuff feels incredibly premium.

A Scale has worked its way back into the bag because it's my upshot security blanket. This is perfect timing to pickup a backup that isn't sandy colored!

I love it! I too took a bit of time off without carrying a Scale simply bc I was running Link/Stego as my PnA's and I definitely missed the Scale flight. I am back to carrying a 4S Wiz, Scale & Stego as my trio of PnA's and I'm so happy. If I have space I obviously toss in a Serp for super boring, no turn/no fade approaches and drives.

Well, I have not been bagging scales or serpents for a little bit, but just dropped $ on a pair of each. Love these discs, they may just be going back in the bag.

Now I just need an RDG branded Polecat to kick the last innova disc out of my bag

Well, I have not been bagging scales or serpents for a little bit, but just dropped $ on a pair of each. Love these discs, they may just be going back in the bag.

Now I just need an RDG branded Polecat to kick the last innova disc out of my bag

Ha! I would love to make a lid mold at some point.

Thanks for the support! I am really confident that this plastic will help keep these molds in your bag. The more I use it the more I love it.

Thanks for the support! I am really confident that this plastic will help keep these molds in your bag. The more I use it the more I love it.

The Stego has kind of a lid like feel to it. I'm sure anyone looking for something to fill the role of a Polecat would enjoy it.

(Yes. There is hardcore sarcasm in my post.)

We have talked a little about it, and I do think they have a better chance in a softer blend. May toss in one of my first run fossils to compliment it as well

The Stego has kind of a lid like feel to it. I'm sure anyone looking for something to fill the role of a Polecat would enjoy it.

(Yes. There is hardcore sarcasm in my post.)

Ironically the new approach proto from gateway looks like a stego without the top bead. I was hoping for a lid but sounds like a zone.

Here is a profile Pic of a Scale & Wizard for those who haven't seen.

In the hand they feel nearly identical.

Very unique and complimentary flights, however.

If you bag a Wizard, you owe it to yourself to give my original Dream Mold a try!

For Wizard Nerds, By a Wizard Nerd

"FWNBWN"

Attachments

• received_1173274666760001.jpg
    received_1173274666760001.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 38
Just ordered a Scale, Serp and Ptero. Should be fun to confuse all the AGL guys up here with the Serp and Scale, love that they're blank too.

I love it! Thanks for the support! We need all the advocates that we can get right now as I'm trying to really rejuvenate the brand now that there is a huge opportunity to expand our line up out of gateway.

Latest posts