• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Retiring Discs after an ace?

Do you retire the disc after an ace?

• Total voters

Camgolfer

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I have seen some people say they retire their disc after they got an ace with it.

Do you do this? Have you heard this?

There's discussion about it while back but I'll say it again, why retire it while its doing you good?

When or if I ace it, I would record the date, course, and hole in the back of the ace disc.

I tend retire discs when its becoming limited productions or OOPs or has rare stamps...

I have never got an ace, but if I do, I will keep throwing it. I will have everyone sign the front though, so everyone will know that disc did me well.

oop = out of print/production. they don't make it no more.

Last edited:
I retire my ace discs. I've hit most of mine with the Buzzz and have build up a collection of backups from different tournaments, so it is cool for me to put it aside and pull a new one out of the pile. I've got two sweet Huklab ace discs and a really cool union jack dye that a friend did for me. I was very happy to retire those discs to aces before I could loose them

All 37 of mine are on the wall of fame! Makes for good disc golf art. Goes around 3 walls of my living room

When it happens I'll retire it and hopefully start a wall of art. Closest I got was hitting the chains and pole but bouncing out with an Aurora MS. I lost it the next round ... shoulda put it away.

I hit my 19 ace last night and that disc is staying in my bag,I have put up 11 ace discs.I've aced in ball golf and that ball is put up.When I'm dead and gone I want my family to have some memories of my disc golf, that's a big reason for me.

I will for sure retire the first ace I get, after that I will have to see what I am throwing at the time.

I have all 11 of my aces hanging proudly in my room. I understand the argument about if the disc works so well why retire it... but, the reason I decided to retire my ace discs is:
After getting my first ace on hole 7 (Sylmar old course), I got that disc (a KC Pro Eagle) stuck about 60 feet up a pine tree on hole 16. I threw rocks at that disc for half an hour before I got it down. I swore I would never throw it again.
Now, when I buy discs I try to but twins (same color, same weight, same stamp color) so that if I have to retire a disc, I have another one that should grow up to be just as good.
DSCJNKY

Amen, thats why they make plastic......to buy more of it!

Retired my first and only ace. Not sure if I will retire the next one, a lot depends on the disc. My first was a pretty new JK Valkrie - I have several other Valks so not a big impact in moving it to the closet.

I retired my one Ace. Had all my buddies sign it, once i got off that cloud i was riding. It was a crazy forehand throw into a basket raised on the side of the hill with a DX Orc.

I retired my first 2 aces right away, then my 3rd one with my 161 Star TL, I threw for a while after, then I hit my 4th ace with the same disc. A little while later I almost lost it, so I decided it needed to go on the wall. I'm going to agree with others and say buy a few more, you can never have too much plastic. MMMMMMmmmm Plastic.... :)

Keep Hucking
-Chris UDPGA# 0001

I hit both my aces with CE discs and I'll be d@nged if I'm gonna chance losing them on a course!

Besides - they look so lonely up there on my wall, it gives me motivation to go get them some company!

All 37 of mine are on the wall of fame! Makes for good disc golf art. Goes around 3 walls of my living room

That is AWESOME!!!

I've only got one ace to date, but I still throw the disc. I've went back and forth on whether or not to retire the disc, but it is one of my favorite drivers. It's a Star TeeRex that is nicely broken in and flies great. Reading these posts about the "wall of fame" and other things people do to display their ace discs makes me want to retire mine also, but I haven't gotten to the point that I am ready to quit throwing it.

I am very cautious with it, and don't throw it if I think there is any chance of losing it.