• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Retrieval Tools?

hendersondayton

Eagle Member
I have not lost a disc yet that I couldn't get by tossing a branch, climbing a fence, or wading a creek but I had a buddy tell me yesterday that he lost a disc that was 25' up in a tree and after 30min and an incomplete round, he gave up.

What do you guys use/carry to help retrieve the wayward throw? From a Creek, from a tree, etc.

My group almost always has a golden retriever, a baseball, a slingshot, and a few monkeys. The group I played with on Sun/Mon had a pole that extends to 20' with a hook on the end of it. Absolutley neccessary for the courses in Carrolton.

whatever it takes, i do it all

I know a dog that is the best disc retriever ever. NaNook won't even look at a disc until it's in the water, then he's all over it, and will bring it right to you.

This

post-fmxtape.jpg

Home Depot has these "Nifty Nabbers" for around $30
31i8gr2A4SL.jpg

Several of the regulars at Giles Run have models which are six feet or longer to reach into the blackberry bushes.

Golden Retriever for water hazards, baseball for trees.

Golden retriever for everything. I met a dude at Dretzka who had his dog trained to retrieve his discs but also to find lost ones. If only I could afford a dog.

softball in my bag; change of clothes for water, thick gloves for thorny stuff, and the fatmax someone posted above for trees all in the car.

a slingshot is not a bad idea either.

Latest posts