• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ricky Wysocki #38008

Did Ricky receive proper initial treatment? There has been much speculation, but I do not know the answer (nor do most who opine on the subject, most likely).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntmg7HskmEs

he said he first noticed the symptoms at GMC but thinks he may have been bitten by a ticket earlier, in Europe. "I noticed the symptoms first at green mountain but I think I first got bit by the tick in europe... I got bit, I was real cautious of it. I really paid attention to see if I had any of the bulls eye rashes which is what lyme causes. I didn't have any of those for like about 3 months, and that's usually the cut off period, and right about 3 months is when green mountain happened. I didn't feel like myself at all.... I sat in bed on the couch for 2-3 months... I woke up crying one morning when my fingers would not move... and then I started working with a nutritionist"

no, he did not receive proper initial treatment

I'm not hating on Ricky. I want him to out there at 100%.

Attachments

• EA8295B7-A96C-45CF-BAD3-F426F2DCFEF6.jpg
    EA8295B7-A96C-45CF-BAD3-F426F2DCFEF6.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 135
QFT. Ticks in SE Michigan has been out of control. I have seen or directly heard of about a dozen ticks this season. Imagine the number I have not seen or heard of. This is a very real threat and should be taken seriously. :(

My band played a camping music festival in oklahoma last year and I picked at least 20 ticks (big fat ones) off me in less than 30 minutes. It was insane. The ticks did not care in the slightest that I drenched myself in Deet.

several years ago I had one on my sac for at least 24 hours. CHECK YOURSELF thoroughly. that skin does NOT lend itself for pulling them off. my wife still laughs about it. I"m still married.

several years ago I had one on my sac for at least 24 hours. CHECK YOURSELF thoroughly. that skin does NOT lend itself for pulling them off. my wife still laughs about it. I"m still married.

POIDH?

NVM :gross:

I've had the bullseye once in the past and luckily caught it right away and got proper treatment.

Years before that, I remember being in our downstairs bathroom taking a shower and finding one on a sensitive area and it had just barely attached itself.

I was screaming that there was a tick on my (rhymes with tick), over and over until my girlfriend came running down.

Needless to say she dealt with it and I'm happy to say we are still together 10+ years later.

The best thing I've found to ward them off, is rub any accessible areas down with coconut oil (legs, arms, neck, torso, private areas) and then use lemon eucalyptus oil mixed with lavender and peppermint (ironic that my girlfriend makes this concoction for me).

It smells very strange and I was skeptical at first, but have not had issues since.

went camping in southern indiana years back and a good friend got one on his sac. Long story short it was my buddy stretching his sac out stressing big time, me with tweezers trying to back the tick out, my wife with her cell phone for light as it was 3 in the morning and a 2nd buddy in the corner laughing his a$$ off. No lyme but was one of the funniest moments of my life, also my friendship will never be questioned.

My band played a camping music festival in oklahoma last year and I picked at least 20 ticks (big fat ones) off me in less than 30 minutes. It was insane. The ticks did not care in the slightest that I drenched myself in Deet.

True- DEET is only marginally effective on ticks. Permethrin on the other hand is the shizz.

I had Lyme disease several years ago and continue to experience flare-ups with my knees very similarly to what Ricky seems to be experiencing. It's gotten a little better lately, but I've also been playing way less disc golf.

True- DEET is only marginally effective on ticks. Permethrin on the other hand is the shizz.

can people use that? I think I looked in to it a while back and it's not considered safe for humans--could be wrong.

can people use that? I think I looked in to it a while back and it's not considered safe for humans--could be wrong.
Here's the first thing I've found.... http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/PermGen.html

Anyway - I haven't heard about people applying permethrin to their skin. You apply it to your clothes. I tend to douse my disc golf bag in it. It remains effective for a handful of runs through the laundry before re-application is needed. I don't tend to put it on my clothes, just because I feel confident in my ability to deal with ticks before they dig in (I don't have much hair on my legs, so I feel them pretty quick). But I definitely appreciate it keeping them off my disc bag because that's the easiest way for the ticks to bypass my legs (besides if I'm stomping through the woods, but I do an upper body check after trips into the schule).

I just got a spray bottle of it. The directions are pretty adamant about not having it touch your skin, which will be tough to do. I sprayed down my shoes so far. Might give the cart and bag a spritz too.

Despite the grim warnings, looks like it's safe for fabrics and will even withstand some washing. Any permethrin pros out there have any tips/tricks?

EDIT: ChrisWoj just slayed my question as I posted. Thanks!

Last edited:
I will set out most of my DG clothing out once a year on my back porch and give it a healthy permethrin spray and let it sit outside to fully dry for the rest of the day.

I will also use picardin spray on ankles and waist (skin contact okay with picardin) right before playing.

The best thing I've found to ward them off, is rub any accessible areas down with coconut oil (legs, arms, neck, torso, private areas) and then use lemon eucalyptus oil mixed with lavender and peppermint (ironic that my girlfriend makes this concoction for me).

It smells very strange and I was skeptical at first, but have not had issues since.

While this may work, there is not real science or studies behind it. Anecdotal evidence and advice can be dangerous. Harmless, but a potential for false sense of security.

Permethrin is safe for human use. I spray my cart/bag, shoes, sock tops, shorts legs, shirt waists and disc golf towels I carry on my belt loop. I spray them outside on a clothes line, on a windless day, with gloves and eye protection. It is an awesome defense. It kills ticks, does not just scare them away. I still spray down my legs with deet before rounds as well.

*It has been intimated that it is deadly to cats....be warned.*

I almost exclusively use Permathrin when I go camping. There are clothing treatments that last for several treatments and work amazingly well. I started to think it would work when I noticed that tics rarely attach on my lower legs which means they have to climb onto my treated socks or under my treated shorts to attach. The only area I use Deet on is my lower legs. One thing of note is it isn't good for fish.

While this may work, there is not real science or studies behind it. Anecdotal evidence and advice can be dangerous. Harmless, but a potential for false sense of security.

Permethrin is safe for human use. I spray my cart/bag, shoes, sock tops, shorts legs, shirt waists and disc golf towels I carry on my belt loop. I spray them outside on a clothes line, on a windless day, with gloves and eye protection. It is an awesome defense. It kills ticks, does not just scare them away. I still spray down my legs with deet before rounds as well.

*It has been intimated that it is deadly to cats....be warned.*

Yeah, I use permethrin on my shoes and bag.

I'm referring to what I use on my skin.

Also my mom is a science teacher.