• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ridiculous Photog @ GBO

I just watched the final round, all 18 holes, of the number 1 card yesterday. I gotta admit that the photog would have been a distraction to me, but maybe the guys who play almost all the major tournaments are used to it. What is even worse would be to have to put up with those galleries that watch ball golf! You've got hecklers yelling crap at the top of their lungs just as some of the golfers go to take their swings and they are really right on top of the play. At least I haven't seen that yet at a disc golf tournament.

GBO has had some hecklers from the nearby apartments in the past. Memorial too iirc.

I just watched the final round, all 18 holes, of the number 1 card yesterday. I gotta admit that the photog would have been a distraction to me, but maybe the guys who play almost all the major tournaments are used to it. What is even worse would be to have to put up with those galleries that watch ball golf! You've got hecklers yelling crap at the top of their lungs just as some of the golfers go to take their swings and they are really right on top of the play. At least I haven't seen that yet at a disc golf tournament.
Come watch my weekend group sometime...:D

GBO has had some hecklers from the nearby apartments in the past. Memorial too iirc.
Yea. They get a few car horns every year...:thmbdown:

So far this season, we've had a spectator & a water bottle get whacked by discs. It's only a matter of time before a photog gets it.

For me, if there is someone in my line, my flesh-magnet discs have a way of finding them. So I would be a bit uneasy with a photographer a few feet in front of me. But that's me.

Lying down 30-40ft in directly in front of the player off the tee, several photogs directly in front of players, etc, etc. Totally unacceptable, un-professional, etc, etc.

Buy a frickin 2.8f, 200m zoom lens would ya?

TWO HUNDRED METER ZOOM?! Good god that thing would be like longer than some of the GBO holes at 600+ feet. What would you be trying to see with a giant piece of glass like that? The cellular structure of Wysoki's nose hairs???

Seriously though...this is a totally unreasonable request. She's clearly trying to get a wide angle shot which is totally different than a zoom. Besides, if it really bothered the pros like a lot of things they'd whine about it and then get whatever they want.

-Dave

Disc golf fans: OMG THERE'S NEVER ENOUGH COVERAGE!!!

Also disc golf fans: OMG HOW CAN THAT CAMERA BE THERE???

Also disc golf fans: "I wasn't there, have no involvement in the event, have no idea who this person is, but love to speculate!"

Guys, Alyssa has been around for years, has a great relationship with the pros, and she is very respectful of their job. She checks with players and moves if ever asked. Sexton and Koling have discussed this. Get over yourselves. Just because an Am wouldn't like it has NOTHING to do with what she does. These are the top pros in the world and she doesn't just walk up and jump in front of them. Ricky, Simon, and Paul know her and she has the relationship to talk to them before the round to let them know she is there and she is more than open to them saying she's in the way and she moves.

If you aren't there, don't have any knowledge of the situation, haven't met or talked to the people involved, then stop speculating. When you assume, you make and ass of you and me.

This is one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen. Photographers are always close to the action, look at basketball or football they're right on the sidelines. Also, if any of them have a problem with where she is standing they would tell her to move. Pretty sure I saw Ricky ask her to move a bit as he was lining up a roller on the outside gap of that one par 4 this weekend.

This is one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen. Photographers are always close to the action, look at basketball or football they're right on the sidelines. Also, if any of them have a problem with where she is standing they would tell her to move. Pretty sure I saw Ricky ask her to move a bit as he was lining up a roller on the outside gap of that one par 4 this weekend.

Just a ticky-tacky, but, on the SIDELINES, not in the fairway.

And if this is the dumbest thread, you haven't been around here very long:D;)

Just a ticky-tacky, but, on the SIDELINES, not in the fairway.

And if this is the dumbest thread, you haven't been around here very long:D;)

Sorry, I should have said one of the dumbest.

How many times do you see photographers get in the way of basketball players on the baseline or get run into by football players on the sidelines. They are in proximity of the action and actually more of a danger to players in those sports than a photographer laying prone in the fairway.

Guess 6 years on the forum doesn't give me enough street cred. I'll go back to lurking. ;)

This is one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen. Photographers are always close to the action, look at basketball or football they're right on the sidelines.

soundman.gif

And get F'd up regularly.

Sorry, I should have said one of the dumbest.

How many times do you see photographers get in the way of basketball players on the baseline or get run into by football players on the sidelines. They are in proximity of the action and actually more of a danger to players in those sports than a photographer laying prone in the fairway.

Guess 6 years on the forum doesn't give me enough street cred. I'll go back to lurking. ;)
You keep referencing a bunch of sport photographers that AERNT on the field of play though.

I don't know if you guys know many photographers but they're a special breed. Any photog that considers themselves a pro will automatically try to get themselves into the craziest place people will let them go. Dangerous spot? Must be a great shot then! It's all about the impossible shot because a classically composed photo can be immortal and every obsessive photog would gladly lose an arm getting it. They don't give a **** their subject is bothered unless it impacts the shot, and athletes like having great shots taken of them too so most will gladly deal.

I've been in several pro photo shoots for skiing and it's reeeeeeeeally exciting. Annoying to stand there while they dial their filters or whatever on a powder day but it's ALWAYS worth the inconvenience to get a nasty shot of dropping a cliff etc.

Believe me if the pros had an issue they'd say so. They're probably more likely to see her and be like "oh damn that's gonna be a cool shot!" Than be bothered by her being there. If she's willing to put herself in danger to get a sweet shot of you that's a legit team member right there.

Thought of your post yesterday. I use my chromecast all the time, and often I forget to turn the TV off when I stop casting so it just scrolls through pictures as a screensaver right...

Saw this picture of the Golden Gate Bridge taken from the ocean side, but down from the waterline at low tide...the catch is this spot is where ocean meets cliffs, but this dude scaled down at low tide anyway and took one of the most unique angles of the bridge I've ever seen. Insane shot, made me chuckle as I instantly thought "yep, just like DoWork said"

Latest posts