• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roadrunner

Do Roadrunners have the same distance potential as Sidewinders? I have been messing around with Sidewinders for extreme downwind distance with some decent success. Even more turn would help though.

Yes, unless you get a flat one. Kills all the glide.

Not that it actually contributes to the thread but I threw my longest drive with my barsby roadrunner this weekend a little over 400' from a standstill. That'll probably never happen again.

How stable is the Barsby RR? Same as any other?

I haven't thrown any other roadrunners in a long time but it's definitely not as understable as the numbers suggest. I would put it at -2/1

I'd agree, It's really nice actually. Thrown with good power on a slight hyzer it's a laser beam.

Anyone compare the 2018 Barsby tour series to the 2019 stock stamp RRs? I have a couple 2018s I really like and I'm wondering if I should try out the new ones.

I never clicked with the sidewinder. I really have to crank on a star sidewinder to get it to turn much, but then it dumps pretty hard. A champ sidewinder flies like a Thunderbird when there's no wind, but even a slight headwind makes it flip and never come back.

Definitely think the roadrunner is more predictable for me. A champ roadrunner reliably has some turn and some fade but it's pretty neutral and easy to power down, whereas a star is very understandable but controllable.

I've thought about getting a Roadrunner but I already have a Leo3. Sounds like the same thing if it's -2/1.

lost a gstar mamba i have been getting really friendly with. no replacement at shop at my lunch break so grabbed a roadrunner. it just does not 'feel long'. i shall crank into many line drives to feel her out. nice hot weather and feeling loose.

Attachments

• 779A9CBB-41EE-4A97-83AA-71D62A48BE3D.jpg
    779A9CBB-41EE-4A97-83AA-71D62A48BE3D.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 45
lost a gstar mamba i have been getting really friendly with. no replacement at shop at my lunch break so grabbed a roadrunner. it just does not 'feel long'. i shall crank into many line drives to feel her out. nice hot weather and feeling loose.

It may not be as long as a mamba for you, but I find RRs to be long for their speed class. I love them for rollers, but also bag one for long glidey hyzerflips or tailwind smashes.

That looks like a Barsby RR, which I understand is a bit more (over)stable than other RRs. So if it doesn't work out for you, don't give up on the mold.

Try a G Star Roadrunner, they make those still I think. My brother liked the Champion because you could get a lower almost flat topped champion and not have it be more OS for a Road Runner unlike the Star/G Star models that are more OS when almost flat top. Another mold that is just as good is the Sidewinder my uncles preferred mold, these discs are better and he likes the DX as well as Champion though his Champion were mistake stamped with the DX face on them made before Jolly Launcher came out.

I really like the Barsby RR. For my arm it doesn't have much turn, but also doesn't have much fade. The insane glide carries it almost as far as my Terns. Definitely the straightest disc I've thrown that goes that far.

Roadrunner is a high glide mold anyway but the Barsby's seem to have a bit more...maybe because they came out a little domier?

Is there a trick to Roadrunners? If there is I'm not getting it.

I've got a 166g beat Star Roadrunner that is flat as a board. The only guy I knew that threw Roadrunners said the flat ones were the best. It was meh, didn't really turn or glide like I expected and never really got any better as long as I threw it, which was quite a while. I got a 169g Echo Star Roadrunner that is also pretty seasoned; discspeed said that the Roadrunner throwers he knew said they were great Roadrunners. It was a little better, had a little more glide. Still pretty meh, still really didn't turn no matter how long I threw it. I got a 165 Echo Star to be a backup and HOLY COW does it have a pop top dome; it still really didn't turn much and I hated myself for owning it. It's such a horrible looking disc I'd be embarrassed to be seen throwing it. I got a 175 GStar in a trade somewhere along the line that I really didn't want but it's here; haven't really thrown it other than some field testing.

I just picked up a 166g Barsby and thought I'd really give them a try again (despite throwing them with no success for three years) so I have the five of them. The Barsby again still really had no turn. None of them really seem to climb much i.e. they just run out on a low line with no lift. They go pretty far for a disc that never gets in the air, but a Valk will get up in the air and glide farther. I can also get a Valk to turn.

Am I just throwing them wrong? What am I missing? I'm really trying to like them, but they just are not cooperating.

Latest posts