• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roadrunners Rock

i love my star roadrunner. had some crazy throws with it yesterday at higbridge. that thing just glides forever.

Agree w/ other posts about this disc not just being for noodle arms. I throw a country mile but that has nothing to do w/ the value or non value of the RR. Either you like it or don't, but IMO that has everything to do with your personal preference and nothing to do with the capabilities of this particular disc.
It's great for all the above reasons and it has a definite permanent place in my bag. My favorite shot to both watch and execute in all of DG is the Anny:) and this disc fits nicely into my anny repertoire. Here's where it fits (generally speaking, depending on height of throw/angle/obstacles/etc. for the anny I want to throw):
0-250' anny= KC Pro Aviar
200-250' anny= Z Glide
225-325' anny= Star Roadrunner
300-400' anny= Avenger SS flx
375-400' anny= Star Archon

Any anny beyond 400' for me would be...well awesome but, a total accident cuz that's my anny limit;) LOVE THE RR!

star x out rr's were 5 bucks at my local store the other day.... it made me very happy :D

I got one in a trade just cuz and its awesome its currently my longest disc im sorta disced down but still love it with just that slight hyzer release and it just goes

they are awesome too when you throw from a standstill. monster annys!!! monster.

I've got a well beat Champion Sidewinder that is basically a RR now. Huge hyzer flips and long anhyzers that rarely turn back; I like the look of a well placed anhyzer. However, the RR and SW definitely weren't made for the wind.

good post.

becoming a better golfer doesn't mean power-torquing a disc into the ground. Sure the roadrunner is easy to flip (it's designed to be), but a better golfer and a growing golfer should be able to work with this disc moreso than just a backhand roller.
Agreed. It seems understable plastic doesn't get the praise it deserves. I see a lot of posts where understable stuff is "just for rollers or noobs". I find I can shape lines much better with understable discs and when thrown right with little wind they BOMB! I live in the northeast with a lot of trees and woods and I love carving annys and s curves through trees with them. And the RR is one of the best discs you can buy new or beat for those shots (and it makes a sweet roller too!) If the faiway is tight I'm pulling out a River or RR.

I've always said that a new Roadrunner throws like a beat in Leopard. The Roadrunner will always have a place in my bag. I have a beat Champ for more of a turnover shot and a Star for the straighter shot. However, headwind changes everything for the disc. Just like any other disc....it WILL flip more.

I love my RR's. One of the best woods drivers out there. Thrown with a little hyzer it don't take much to bomb this thing. I use them for turnovers and tunnel shots mostly or when I need a drive with no fade at the end.

Amazing discs they are. Very consistent, (for understable driver) but I love it. It's amazing at flip-ups, straight rips, turnovers, and I hear that they roll very well. I don't always use rollers, but when I do, I prefer my Star Wedge.

I throw Sidewinder/RR interchangeably, depending on what I haven't lost that month. I LOVE them. It's like the Meteor of distance drivers... they are SO $.

Hit the basket today on a 270' big anhyzer today....maybe not a big deal to most of u, but it got my heart pumping

...needless to say the rr has a spot in my bag ��

Latest posts