• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc vs. Buzzz, to end all wars

I think its silly to think you can designate one disc to be the best disc for any given person.

I'll keep throwing Buzzzes with a grin ear to ear as they consistently fly the line I need and how I knew they would.

I suggest everyone find a mid that's comfortable and confidence inspiring and who cares what the stamp says.

The debate over discs is like choosing a flavor of ice cream. I can enjoy them all. Blonde, brunette, redhead. Roc, buzzz, skeeter.

The debate over discs is like choosing a flavor of ice cream. I can enjoy them all. Blonde, brunette, redhead.
Your favorite flavors of ice cream are all hair?

I too like the irony that the Roc vs Buzzz thread got hijacked. I guess it's like Jurassic Park, you only think you can control a thread, but that control only lasts so long...

Buzzz- easier to release because the rim is a little shallower, which also makes it better to flick. I always get the flick equivalent of grip lock (finger lock?) when I try to flick a roc.

Plus, if you play a lot of woods, elite z plastic is more durable than the champion or super rocs that will cost you 2-4x as much

first run skeeter :). Although I might get a star skeeter as the first run got chewed up a bit.

Rocs -- come in so many flavors, colors, molds, shapes, plastics, stiffnesses, etc... that it is impossible for anyone not to (eventually) find one that works for them. Also, with Champion thrower Rocs and Super Rocs in wide release, premium plastic Rocs have finally become affordable ($11-$20).

Buzz -- Those FLX Buzzes are awesome from a standstill at puring helix and anhyzer lines that no other disc I've ever thrown can hit with such consistency.

I keep Buzz and Roc in the bag together. They are slowly working out their differences. And like a redhead and a brunette, or strawberry and chocolate, I can find a way to love them both.

I keep Buzz and Roc in the bag together. They are slowly working out their differences. And like a redhead and a brunette, or strawberry and chocolate, I can find a way to love them both.
Holy crap... what a concept. :eek:

What's all this Skeeter talk? I thought this was the Roc vs. Buzzz cage match.

You know everyone on this site has to have A.D.D cus we can never stay on topic on any thread. first were talkin buzzzzzzz vs THE ROC then we go on to skeeters next were gonna talk about the economy then we might get back to the original topic and therefore thats why i love this site i fit in perfect.

I would think that keeping a Buzz and a Roc in the same bag would have disastrous consequences. Just like when Jerry ate the black and white cookie...we all know how that turned out.

Seriously though I think that the Buzz is the newer/more recreational player's choice because it doesn't require a PhD in plastics and disc golf history just to determine what type of Roc does what or where to obtain one. Also I am a big fan of the FLX plastic.

The Skeeter is for a completely different type of player. Power throwers need a stable disc like a Roc or Wasp/Buzzz. Finesse players do better with a disc like the Skeeter. Discraft does make a disc that takes the Skeeter behind the woodshed and beats it within an inch of its life. It's called the Comet. If you want a neutral-stable disc that you can put on any line that will give you great glide and you are throwing anything other than a Comet...well, some people can't be helped. Comet VS Skeeter? No contest.

Innova has a disc that's very similar to a buzzz and it comes in Champion plastic. It even has a similar rim feel. Who can be first to tell me what it is?

Hint: it's not a Shark or Skeeter

Btw,I'll take a buzz. Just because I've never thrown a Roc. I have 2 Z Buzz...only complaint...the Z plastic doesn't age,at all.

I would like one the champ Rocs my buddy came home with from the BG tournament. It's beautiful....and I don't just mean the stamp.